Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Leupold RX-1000 TBR rangefinder that last year the display would dim out in the cold. As of right now with a new battery it's dead. DRT, no workie, a paperweight. Called Leupold customer service and they allow that after 2 yrs old, you get a discount on another rangefinder but they are backordered until next fall. Not thinking I want another no workie paperweight for $235 with a bad warranty.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If someone is interested in getting a Leupold rangefinder and doesn't mind waiting until fall to get it, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a sign range finder and I like it. Have not had any issues and I use it nearly year round.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
So far my 3 year old Sig Saur has been solid.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Check out Bushnell. You could save a bunch with the military VIP program.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did some looking yesterday and seems all the rangefinders have a 2yr warranty. Wondering why not get the cheapest one and if it goes kaput, like the Leupold, I didn't loose much. I'll more than likely get a Bushnell from the VIP program.

EDIT: Bushnell Bone Collector 850LRF for the win. Lifetime Warranty. $92.50.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did some looking yesterday and seems all the rangefinders have a 2yr warranty. Wondering why not get the cheapest one and if it goes kaput, like the Leupold, I didn't loose much. I'll more than likely get a Bushnell from the VIP program.

EDIT: Bushnell Bone Collector 850LRF for the win. Lifetime Warranty. $92.50.
I can’t speak for today’s Bushnell quality, but my 20+ year old Yardage Pro is still going strong. Heck, I’d still be using it on every hunt if it wasn’t almost the size of a football and nearly as heavy.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Mine is very big as well. In fact I think we have the same one. The Yardage Pro 800?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is very big as well. In fact I think we have the same one. The Yardage Pro 800?
I’m pretty sure that’s what mine is. It was the latest and greatest cutting edge technology when it was new.

Other than shrinking them down in size, I don’t see too much “improvement“ in the newer ones.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Effective range seems to be the major improvement.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I’m pretty sure that’s what mine is. It was the latest and greatest cutting edge technology when it was new.

Other than shrinking them down in size, I don’t see too much “improvement“ in the newer ones.
I got mine on eBay probably 20 years ago. I joke and say I’m shocked it ran on a 9v and not a D-cell given the times.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve used two different flavored range finders and didn’t find either one that accurate one being a Bushnell.
Like how far off?!?
I’ve shot my old Yardage Pro side by side with my much newer Swarovski, and either both are wrong or dead on. I didn’t step off the distance to check them though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts