Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost Lew’s rods and reels will be my 1st choice from here on out. I just had the best and certainly the most unexpected, yet pleasurable, experience with customer service and a parts manager.

Here is my story.....

As y’all know most every year I fish in a ABA Military Pro/ AM tournament up in Kansas. Well this last go round I won 2-American Hero Spinning R&R combo’s. At 6’6” Med action they are sweet feeling rods with a nice smooth reel. Not having had a chance to use them yet, but having used Lew’s R&R many times before, I went to rig them up over the weekend. Pulled them out of the plastic and set them up. As I threaded the line through and pulled down on it the top 8-9” of the one rod just bent right over. The rod was broken and now I was upset. I opened the other rod and look it over. I see that at almost the same spot on this rod it was discolored and looked like it had been crushed. I pulled on the top some and it too just bent right over. Now I’m cussing up a storm and sending things across the garage.

Well I called Lew’s today to see if I could even get 2 new tops and if so, how much. The lady in customer service was very nice and after I told her what happened and what I was after she transferred to a parts manager. Apparently he’d already been given a run down as he said he would check and see what he had available. So after about 5 minutes on hold he comes back and said he had 2 tops for me. He then asked for all my shipping info. I asked how much for the 2 tops and he said “no charge, we support our hero’s”. I said are you friggin kidding me!!! He chuckled and said they will be out the door either today or tomorrow. I’m in total shock as these are not cheap combos by any means. So I have new, free of charge, tops being sent. I can’t say enough about the customer service and care I just received. Never would I have expected that at all. I can’t wait to get out and use them now.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE—As I sit here and write this I’m looking at the 2 new rod tops that just arrived in the mail from Lew’s. Called Friday, shipped Friday, arrived Tuesday. That’s quick service IMO.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Great customer service. That’s the name of the game.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE TO MY UPDATE—Well I went to put my rods together and they are the wrong tops. My broken ones were 8-eyelet female joint and the new ones are 5-eyelet and male joint. I called Lew’s and spoke to the same individuals. Yes again stellar customer service. Apparently I had the old configuration and these are from the new even though it’s the same model number. So I was asked to send in the spec section off the bases as proof of ownership and they will send me 2 new complete rods. They already emailed me printable postage paid return labels.
I cant say enough about Lew’s and the help I’ve received. The fact I got the wrong tops stinks but the fact they will replace the entire rod now is above and beyond IMO. Just had to share this latest update.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The parts rep I’ve been talking to, Ross Skinner, has been great. Never taken a dermal cutting disk to rod before. That was very interesting cutting the butt end into pieces.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
The parts rep I’ve been talking to, Ross Skinner, has been great. Never taken a dermal cutting disk to rod before. That was very interesting cutting the butt end into pieces.
But taking a Dremel to a messed up rod had to have some sort of visceral stress release.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But taking a Dremel to a messed up rod had to have some sort of visceral stress release.
Knowing the new outcome sorta. Now when my Fenwick broke I about cried. That was my favorite light/ medium action rod.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I’m pleased to announce that I received my 2 new rods in the mail today. I’m totally impressed with the service and speed I’ve received from Lew’s.
91886DE0-92AA-4F2F-9178-11722A6EDD5C.jpeg

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Cool!

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
He's gone.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's gone.
Man, I didn’t even get to have any fun with this one. I think the upper Admins need to rethink the registration process.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
When it was locked down we got zero new members.
Had to jump through hoops getting some of our current members on line that are still here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts