Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the 2010 archery season I followed my buddy around on some of his hunts trying to capture him shooting a mature buck on film. He hunts on an old apple farm that hasn't been worked for several years and has become extremely overgrown... its prime deer habitat. We seen a ton of deer and had a lot of fun so I decided to create a short video clip of our adventures on Lolly Buck Farm.

DEER VIDEO>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cl5xT1GAQ

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
During the 2010 archery season I followed my buddy around on some of his hunts trying to capture him shooting a mature buck on film. He hunts on an old apple farm that hasn't been worked for several years and has become extremely overgrown... its prime deer habitat. We seen a ton of deer and had a lot of fun so I decided to create a short video clip of our adventures on Lolly Buck Farm.

DEER VIDEO>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cl5xT1GAQ
First off WELCOME to the forum. Feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Haven't had a chance to watch the video,as its blocked at work, but will when I get home tonight.
Welcome to the forum! ;D

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Just watched the video. That was really cool seeing that turkey fly across the screen. ;D did you know it was in the area?
The red fox taking a nap was a good one too. We have a few reds in northern Okla where I live, but nobody really hunts them. Not that I wouldn't if one showed up ;)

Do you live in NY state?

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Hey guys! What do you want to know about me?

You should know that I'm not an outfitter and I don't book hunts... plus these are free ranging deer.
Well for starters are ya married, ya got kids, do they hunt with you, what kind of hunting you prefer and have done?!.
I'm not busten your chops or anything but we are one big happy dysfunctional family here and want to know if your a rut crazed or bird bananas as as we are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just watched the video. That was really cool seeing that turkey fly across the screen. ;D did you know it was in the area?
The red fox taking a nap was a good one too. We have a few reds in northern Okla where I live, but nobody really hunts them. Not that I wouldn't if one showed up ;)

Do you live in NY state?

The turkey was unexpected... kind of cool how he happened to pitch down right in front of the camera though! As for the fox, there are a lot of red fox and even a few grey fox around here and we like to shoot them because they ruin our rabbit hunting.

Yes... I'm from New York... not the city either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

You should know that I'm not an outfitter and I don't book hunts... plus these are free ranging deer.
Well for starters are ya married, ya got kids, do they hunt with you, what kind of hunting you prefer and have done?!.
I'm not busten your chops or anything but we are one big happy dysfunctional family here and want to know if your a rut crazed or bird bananas as as we are.

I don't have a family of my own but I'm still really close with my Ma and Pa... we hunt everything together. As for my favorite type of hunting, I would have to say chasing turkey is the most fun but I love my deer hunting as well. I also hunt rabbits with my beagle, which is a ton of fun and I highly recommend it. I've pretty much hunted everything that Western New York has to offer, plus I love me some largemouth bass fishing in the summertime.

Just so everybody knows... I'm addicted to hunting and I think its the best thing thats ever happened to me... I really appreciate my father for opening that door and letting me run through it.

Anymore questions?

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts

I don't have a family of my own but I'm still really close with my Ma and Pa... we hunt everything together. As for my favorite type of hunting, I would have to say chasing turkey is the most fun but I love my deer hunting as well. I also hunt rabbits with my beagle, which is a ton of fun and I highly recommend it. I've pretty much hunted everything that Western New York has to offer, plus I love me some largemouth bass fishing in the summertime.

Just so everybody knows... I'm addicted to hunting and I think its the best thing that's ever happened to me... I really appreciate my father for opening that door and letting me run through it.

Anymore questions?
So I take it you don't live in Oklahoma then given your reference to NY? I got a bunch of friends in PA (sorry as close to NY as I can get).
I hope to bag my first turkey this season. So far my F-150 has gotten 2 and I'm like 7 seasons and zero.
I'm a sucker for a wing shoot. Love doves and more so the last two seasons been a quack a holic. I do like deer hunting but Uncle Sam really limits my time afield.
So how old are you and what do you do for hunting funds. As my sig line shows I'm Active Duty NAVY. Some on here sell their crops other organs, a few wish they could sell themselves but mostly we are a bunch of grease monkeys of some sort. I think we got a computer know it all and one that likes to play with little animals as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.