Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If you mean Arrowhead state park, we are right next to it. I check in about the archery range.

Whole house full of people...lots of food. But plenty of leftovers.

So what do you do with left overs?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Let us know what you find out about it I’ve always heard about it but like I said never have been. Where about are y’all, further south of the park?
looks like y’all are having a heck of a weekend!

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Arrowhead Estate. Old project of old double wides and new and newer cabins. Some fulltime (retiree's), some part-time/weekender residents.

First day was fine. Second day was okay. Will get the book out today. Will definitely get the boat up here. It just sits in the back yard at home.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I think I might know the area you’re in and if so spent a weekend at a place that leads down to the water a really quite and clean neighborhood was a really nice spo. Love that lake it’s a great place to spend the summer

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Well, I eat them. I had (leftover) cold fish for a snack today and still have enough for another one or maybe two.
We always make more fish than we can eat for the same reason. Fish sandwiches the next day.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I think I might know the area you’re in and if so spent a weekend at a place that leads down to the water a really quite and clean neighborhood was a really nice spo. Love that lake it’s a great place to spend the summer
Yes with a couple of exceptions clean neighbor hood. There is an old trailer across the street from us. An elderly lady lived there. After she passed away her grandson was living in it selling drugs. Cops busted him and the trailer was condemned as unfit to live to live in. They wanted to donate it to the fire department for training. FD declined due to environmental clean up concerns. We have heard a neighbor is trying to buy the property and put a shop up.

Last winter in the middle of the night the trailer caught fire and burned. The neighbors complained that fire department responded too quick. The grass and weed have grown up and cover a lot of the debris. But it still is an eyesore.

I am think about moving my little 10 foot pond boat up there to the pace. That will give something to do while up there. I'll fish along the shore. There are 17 docks along a 1/4 mile stretch of shoreline around the boat ramp that all the Tournament fisherman stop at as they pass through. They make one cast and move on. Sometimes they even catch fish. Several old timers fish from the docks and are always catching fish. I have a spot that I fish from the bank just off the ramp. Never been skunked there yet.

I will adapt.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts