Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
First off OUPE welcome to oklahomahunter.net Also post a topic telling us a bit about yourself.

Hope ya find what your looking for.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Looking for 2010 hunting lease
first of all, welcome to the forum!
What part of the state are you looking for a lease?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prefer NW part of the state, but I am really open to anything. I have always hunted in the NW part of the state, and I have always enjoyed it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is an option for a lease, the Oklahoma City Sportsman's Country Club. Don't let the name fool you, members of this club are not a bunch of golfers. The club currently has about 60,000 hunting acres leased across the state plus some land that is owned by the club. The leases I have hunted have all been excellent. We have lease that are within an hours drive of OKC, one that is adjacent to McGee Creek, and several others in the western part of the state. The two previous leases I have been part of each lost their lease after just a couple years. I travel a lot in with my job so finding time to find a lease was difficult. A co-worker told me about the club. I have been a member for five years now and love it. I hunt mainly deer and hogs (some of our leases have overly healthy pig populations) and I have had little problem keeping the freezer stocked. We have a couple ranches that are managed for trophy/mature bucks only (and does). There are a number of bird hunters in the club and I can only guess that the bird hunting is also very good. If you want to give them a call the number is 405 943-4419 . Drop me an email if you have any questions at [email protected]

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
We don't have any hogs to speak of in kay and grant counties, although I've heard of some, but nobody can ever point to any wallers, or anything else. I hope they never get established. That being said, I do like to hunt them.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I am sorta in the same boat and would like to find a lease as well but it has to be affordable and somewhere I can take the kids. I had a chance to get on a 450 acre lease north of Guthrie but no one under 18 allowed so not worth it for me. If I hear of anything I'll post up.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
My 2 cents.
You can hunt on public land & be safe from boneheads, If you do the scouting & get away form all that will
ruin it.

I've had my grand kids out on public land hunting since they were 2.
Up in a treestand or on the ground.
Never had a problem or a close call.

You just got to spend more time on scouting a new place out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you are looking for a 2010 hunting lease, the OKC Sportsmans Country Club will have a booth at the Backwoods show. Come by and visit with us.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2 cents.
You can hunt on public land & be safe from boneheads, If you do the scouting & get away form all that will
ruin it.

I've had my grand kids out on public land hunting since they were 2.
Up in a treestand or on the ground.
Never had a problem or a close call.

You just got to spend more time on scouting a new place out.
[/quote

Gauge, like you ,I have hunted public land most of my life until the last 8 years and now i,m on private land a buddy owns. I always requested maps by mail from the Core office in Tulsa and would study them to find places of land they owned that could only be accesed by boat and I would hunt these areas.

Only drawback to hunting this way is when its too windy to be on the lake or sometimes during rifle season too damn cold to take a boat ride across the lake in freezing temps.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
luvslabfishin~ they make clothes for the cold. :D J/K

Yet sometimes ya got to grin ;D and bear it if ya want to go.
Most of the time if its that cold, your normally the only one out hunting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If anyone has any leads on leases in NE Oklahoma would appreciate a shout out. We have 3 guys that have leased for the past 10-12 years, but lost our good lease when the owner sold and moved out of state. It was in Craig county. Since I am retired I would be the one hunting it the most --- the others would be mostly weekenders. I live in Tulsa so anything within 60 or so miles would be great. Don't care about hogs, small game or water fowl just deer and turkey. Sorry for the ramble, but again if you have any leads I would appreciate the feed back.........thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts