Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I recently moved inside the City of Muskogee from southern Michigan and currently live in an apartment complex. In Michigan I had access to hundreds of acres of prime hunting land. I primarily hunt whitetail in the fall, and morel mushrooms in the spring. I am lost out here. I love being outdoors and have been to the City parks and trails but it isn't the same. I am looking for some land where I can just wander around, perhaps fish, look for mushrooms and hunt deer. I am retired from a small municipality and have a service connected disability (asthma) and would be willing to work to help with the upkeep of the property, but cannot afford an expensive lease. I have had some unpleasant occurrences on public land that was too overcrowded. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get out of this apartment and outdoors.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Again Welcome to the forum. As I mentioned to you in my PM you find all the answers your looking for here. Give it a few days for everyone to sign on and read this.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :D
I don't live in your area, but you aren't far from some big public areas.
Go to wildlifedepartment.com and browse the site.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Don't know about the hunting but we spent many many weeks at Greenleaf State Park. Hate to say this on a public forum but the park is probably the best Morel mushroom place I have ever found.. Drive around the park and look for standing dead elm trees..After finding a dead elm...Look down...Welcome to Oklahoma and welcome to the forum...Sasakwa

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Just south of you is James Collins public hunting, for bow season it's not crowded at all, there are several very good public hunting areas real close to you.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Give the WMA a chance here in OK y'all be glad you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts