Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellers,

looking to see what kind of hunting leases there might be out there? Definitely looking to go in with a few guys to get the best bang for my buck. This isn’t something I’m just dying to do, but it would be nice to have something other than public land to hunt on. Lease could be anywhere in the state, preferably somewhere on the eastern side, but not a deal breaker. I don’t mind strictly bow hunting, I would prefer it be a bow hunting only atmosphere, also not a deal breaker.

thank yee kindly.

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Check on Craigs List early in the spring or right after deer season closes. I don't do fake book but there are some on here that have found leases there.
If you have any community bullitin boards on restaurants, feed stores, etc where land owners visit, you could leave a want to lease ad on that board.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check on Craigs List early in the spring or right after deer season closes. I don't do fake book but there are some on here that have found leases there.
If you have any community bullitin boards on restaurants, feed stores, etc where land owners visit, you could leave a want to lease ad on that board.
Great idea. As simple as that sounds I’ve never thought about leaving a wanted sign at the feed store. Thank you sir.

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
If you see something from a lady up in the Stroud area, buyer beware.
Can we get some details without giving up the actual name?
Craigs list, FB, or what led you to look that direction?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can we get some details without giving up the actual name?
Craigs list, FB, or what led you to look that direction?
300 acre lease south of Stroud area, bordered on the south by Deep Fork river. Was posted on FB. I went & looked, and gave her an answer & $150 deposit to hold it within 24 hrs, and then she strung me out for the next 3 weeks, postponing meetings to sign & pay. Evening before I was finally supposed to meet her, she texted and canceled...said she'd given it to another group. Refused to give deposit back. Ad was still up on FB 3 weeks later. I've talked to one other person who had a similar experience.

Luckily, I got hooked up with OKC Sportsman's Club. They're a class outfit.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
300 acre lease south of Stroud area, bordered on the south by Deep Fork river. Was posted on FB. I went & looked, and gave her an answer & $150 deposit to hold it within 24 hrs, and then she strung me out for the next 3 weeks, postponing meetings to sign & pay. Evening before I was finally supposed to meet her, she texted and canceled...said she'd given it to another group. Refused to give deposit back. Ad was still up on FB 3 weeks later. I've talked to one other person who had a similar experience.

Luckily, I got hooked up with OKC Sportsman's Club. They're a class outfit.
Thanks for the warning. Makes me wonder if they actually had control of the property.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts