Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a photo of the buck my son took on the last day of muzzloader season in the evening.

I was hunting down from my son 40 yards when I heard his cap go off,several minutes past and I heard another cap go off,I figured he was trying to empty his muzzloader,I heard another cap go off , followed by the sound of his muzzloader shooting so I became worried and went to check on him. He did exactly like I told him to do when the muzzloader cap goes off to keep the sights on the deer for a minute or two before replacing the discharged cap. To this day,I can't figure what kept this buck from running off just from the sound of the cap going off,first shot was 20 yards away,3rd and final shot was near 45 yards.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Congrats to the young man...don't know how many times I've had misfires with my old muzzleloaders then had the deer just stand there. If they haven't been pressured they may stand there seemingly forever, especially if it is a younger deer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ever time it rains during blackpower season my muzzeloader misfires,I tried everything from covering the nipple with plastic to holding the barrel down at all times with a light rain and neither worked.

Bought a T.C. Omega 50 cal 3 years ago and have not had a misfire ever sense. Sure is nice not worring about your inline going off after hunting with it in a misty morning or light rainy day when a nice deer steps out of cover.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Congrats on getting your son out, and giving him good training. Pretty obvious he listens to you. ;D
He got a nice buck. Give him my congratulations ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nice buck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on the buck, Always pays to listen to good sound advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts