Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the idiots have spoken. Dont know how anyone could have voted yes for this if they had read the ballot. They can give Clay Bennett his blank check now to build his training facility. There wont be anything left after that . My Dept. will continue to try and keep the streets safe with no manpower. We have less officers taking 911 calls now that when I was hired in 1992. The City has ignored the Bershire study that they paid thousands of dollars to do. It shows we are over 200 officers short. Apparently they dont care. I go on calls everyday without backup. Its going to take one of us getting seriously hurt or killed before they wake up. My entire family has been instructed to sue the ass off the City if something happens to me. At least they will get some of that 777 million back. These projects are proposed. You watch, that money will not be spent on those "proposed" projects. All the yes voters just made our Mayor, ex-mayors, and city council richer. For those that dont know, they own most of bricktown and the river front properties where all this will supposedly be built. Ok, Im done ranting. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I take it then your a LEO in OKC? What does one have to do to get a ride along here. I really miss my days as a militery LEO.

As for the maps thing I was hoping to see it go down and the money be used for better things.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Same here.
Money could of been better spent in the city.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i feel your pain wagon. Granted im on a Sheriffs dept so we are used to doing things short handed but it doesnt fell any safer knowing your on your own for awhile waiting for your backup to arrive. alot can happen in a short amount of time.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I'm sure that some of the voters when confronted with a bad guy, or girl would rather have a couple of LEO's vs a park.
I grew up around relatives that were firefighters, and LEO's, and have a pretty good idea of where your coming from.
Now is the time to start lobbying the city dads for the MAPS IV.
Hire a pro thru the FOP to show how to get the next legislation you need passed. Standing on a street corner with a sign is not how it happens. Makes one feel good, but it needs to come from somebody that knows how to push this thru the city commission.
I'm a member of a couple of wildlife Political Action Committe's that lobby the Ok legislature. I've been to dinners, and hunts where you get to be one on one with the legislator. Pick their brains, and state your position. You can do the same with the city/county. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I know I was sure getting tire of their "tele-campainers" calling my house wanting my yes vote. Kept telling them I don't even live in their county and quit calling me!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts