Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Remmy 870 chambered in 3in for $198 at the gun shop in Chandler a week or so ago and thought I should have bought it right then, but didn't. Went in today to get it and it sold yesterday :-\ :-\ :'( :'( Talking to the shop owner and he looked up how much a new version would cost and he figured out he was waaay under priced on that gun. So won't be finding a bargin there again. You'd think I'd lean by now.....

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Sux when that happens. I've passed on a couple of deals myself, thinking to go back later and got burned like you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
oh man...i bought my 870 express 12g when i was about 12 or 13 at academy. that would place it about 2000 or 2001. on sale for $186....i had been pushin a mower long time and with tax i believe was $205.64. was just shy mom covered the last 5 bucks cause she knew i wanted it. now that same model is like 300 bucks. that was the first gun i paid for my self. still got it too :D

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Academy has both the Mossburg and the Remmy 870 for $280ish. But I'm not likin the green laminate stock & foregrip. Might have to get one and swap the furniture.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Ya I have gotten lucky a couple of times with good deals but I usually miss out on them.

I got a GREAT deal on a new toy I hope to pick up tomorrow. I got me a boat. Its a 17' Tracker Grizzly 1754 SC with a duck blind paint job. A mercury 25h EFI 4 stroke, also came with a minn kota edge trolling motor, hummingbird 580c fish finder and a tun of other stuff. If i was to buy it all seperate it would run me nearly 18k. Needless to say it was less than half that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got mine back when it was just that cheap 'hardwood' but i swaped mine for black synthetic since i was in texas huntin on the coast. i didnt like the idea of some saltwater gettin to the wood.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Ya I have gotten lucky a couple of times with good deals but I usually miss out on them.

I got a GREAT deal on a new toy I hope to pick up tomorrow. I got me a boat. Its a 17' Tracker Grizzly 1754 SC with a duck blind paint job. A mercury 25h EFI 4 stroke, also came with a minn kota edge trolling motor, hummingbird 580c fish finder and a tun of other stuff. If i was to buy it all seperate it would run me nearly 18k. Needless to say it was less than half that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts