Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
That next to the last hog sure took a lot of hits.
Great video as usual!

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Way to go!

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
Keep’m coming. I get your upload notifications from YouTube. I’ve seen all your videos.

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
Man, I feel sorry for putting you through all that 😀.
I do like the videos. I used to do a lot of it back in Cali. Them lil bacon bits made great BBQ.
I need to learn to edit video and such. I need a video edit program for the laptop as well. Still have my sons antelope hunt from last fall I have to edit.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I'm a fan of your videos as well. I like you showing your set ups and the thinking behind how you set up. Plus the shooting part is great.

·
Super Moderator
10,661 Posts
I’m always in the mood for a sub standard production

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
I think I've watched every one as well. I'm pretty fascinated by the thermal vision having only used the starlight scopes in the military back in the day.
We don't have pigs in my hunting areas or I'd own some.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I've watched every one as well. I'm pretty fascinated by the thermal vision having only used the starlight scopes in the military back in the day.
We don't have pigs in my hunting areas or I'd own some.
Sorry for the late reply. Having played with everything from the PVS-4 to the 30, I can say that thermal rules them all for detection. You can plainly pick up heat signatures from a mile away. However for close identification of say...bad dudes...night vision is a necessity. However, I'm simply hunting feral hogs, and there is no need to try to distinguish good from bad when they're all targets.

Hopefully one of these days you'll get a chance to play with a thermal. Hopefully (as well) that it is not because you're infested with hogs.

·
Administrator
13,740 Posts
I have a pig killing friend on the west side of the state that has thermal on his rifle.
Like you, he spends a lot of time at night going after them.
He sets out a feeder with a cell cam that alerts his email when it detects one or many of them. When he sees a repeat offender he sets up and waits for it.
He traps at their lease that is miles from home. Uses a cell cam as well there with a cell phone triggered drop gate so when he sees the sounder in the trap, he drops the gate remotely. Goes out the next morning with a .22 mag and sends them to pig heaven. Can’t tell you how many he’s taken, but it’s a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts