Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shooting a 930/935? This is on my short list of possible purchases for an all around bird gun. Although the A5 has served is purpose for my Grandfather, my dad and myself. I'm looking to put something into the mix that will work as good for Dove as it will for Turkey.

Likes dislikes. Personal preference within the same price range other than Mossberg? I just can't spend over 1k on a shotgun.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I love my 935.
You do have to keep a light film amount of oil on the bolt & bolt rails for cold weather.
Thanks to Honcho my gun no longer hangs up in cold weather.{ Thanks for tip buddy.

You will only be able to shoot 3" & 3 1/2" 12 gauge from this shotgun.
Mine shot 2 3/4" heavy dove loads but not on a regular basis. Boom hang..Boom,Boom hang.
Need @ least 1 1/4 oz load of 1300 fps & mine will not fail.

I own the black model ,To keep rust away -Make sure you oil it after every use.

Only other problem is the recoil pad.
On the edge of the recoil pad it likes to pop out from time to time, easy fix with a knife to pop right back in.

For the steal, I got for it...It's been worth every penny of $300.00 brand new.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Anyone shooting a 930/935? This is on my short list of possible purchases for an all around bird gun. Although the A5 has served is purpose for my Grandfather, my dad and myself. I'm looking to put something into the mix that will work as good for Dove as it will for Turkey.

Likes dislikes. Personal preference within the same price range other than Mossberg? I just can't spend over 1k on a shotgun.
Just my opinion, but the A5 would be hard to get rid of in place of a mossberg.
If your having problems with different rounds hanging up, let me know. Might be able to help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll keep the A5 for most hunting. Just something about shouldering that old wood stock and looking down the 50+ year old vent rib barrel to that polished front bead sight.

I'm wanting something that can fill in where it leaves off. Although I have no intentions of ever firing a 3 1/2" shell I'm not making that an exclusionary factor.

Like I said its on my short list of possibilities.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have the 835, and I love it. Never have to worry about the pump hanging up. :D Fires the 2 3/4 in shells just fine, and it handles the 3 1/2 in mag shells like a charm.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dan,
Then the 930 is all y'all need, If ya don't want to shoot 3 1/2" ammo.

3" vs 3 1/2" 12 gauge.
If you can shoot,you will see the difference when shooting @ 60+ yards with the 3 1/2"...dead bird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts