Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I guess this all started a couple years ago when we got my son a bb gun for his 7th birthday, he has wanted to go hunting every since. I have never hunted before and did not know where to go or even how to get started. He is now 9 and has been bugging me to every since he got that bb gun. I took him out last year to public land and had no idea what to look for or where to set up and that kind of stuff needless to say we did not see any deer. I bit the bullet this year and got a lease near Jennings and spent a ton of money that I didnt have to buy camo and anything else I thought we might need. After 4 days of 8- 10 hours in the blind a buck finally came out of the woods. We were so excited when we saw him on the ground. I will remember this thanksgiving for the rest of my life and I hope he does too.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Thats a hell of a buck to call your first. CONGRATS to you and your boy.
I have been hunting the better part of 15 years and my only buck to date is a button buck I got with my bow 3 years ago but I have have taken a few doe over the years.

Congrats to you again.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Heck, I can still the grin on your boys face even with his face covered! Big congrads to the both of you and a big pat on the back for listening to your son!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on your first of many to come! I believe if you teach a youngster to hunt and fish when you have to look for them they will be hunting or fishing. I agree with Bird, I can see the smile on your boys face with it covered.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Congrats on taking the time to take your "ninja" son hunting. Like you said, its a day you will never forget, and I can assure you, he will never forget it as well. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrates on your 1st deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts