Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't hardly a thing since Muzzleloader season opened. The other day I saw 3 does and a small 4-point on the neighbor's land. I got desperate and got permission to shoot across the fence if it happened again. Yesterday morning I was hunting in the back part of the property where I could see my neighbor's field, and much of my timber corridor, and only saw a small buck, probably a 4-or 6-point, and passed on him. I got back home from a Thanksgiving meal at my sister-in-law's aroubd 2:30. I walking in at 3:00 and got to the back timber at 3:20. Jumped a nice buck and a doe at 3:20, and he stayed in really thick brush, and she stood broadside to me at about 25 yds, right behind a tree. As soon as she stepped out, I put the hammer down. The deer ran about 40 yds, and she dropped. I went to retrieve her and jumped him, and he stood about 40 yds from me, again in thick brush. I kept watching him, and he eventually stepped into a clearing. Put him down almost right in his tracks. 2 shots, 2 deer! Thank you .30-06!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Congradulations!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D That is outstanding!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together! ;) Nice buck btw!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Way to go Richard, nice deer!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
SWEET. Kinda glad Im not out there now in the windddddddddddddddddddd.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrats. Nice deer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts