Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got me that boat I'd been after. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its a 17' 1996 Tracker Grizzly 1754 with a 25hp Mercury 4-stroke EFI. Also came with a Minn Kota Edge trolling motor, Hummingbird 580 fish finder and all sorts of extras.

I plan to do a couple other mods to it and the trailer. One being guide on rails for the trailer. Some paint touch up. Some DU ducks in flight on the haul and coming up with a quick and easy blind set up cover.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Sweet set up, Bull. Sounds like you're read for some heavy duty fishin and blastin now.

:D :D Quack Kill, das funny right there :D :D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet set up, Bull. Sounds like you're read for some heavy duty fishin and blastin now.

:D :D Quack Kill, das funny right there :D :D

I've got the paint shop at work gonna make me up some aircraft grade stickers of some ducks just like the D/U or Delta Waterfowl ones. Ya know the 3 with wings tucked. Gonna put them around the Quack Kill's. I have the materials for a blind but just need to figure out how to set it all up. The boat will legally hold 5 hunters or fisherman.

I had it out in the water last sunday and it only rides about 12" deep in the water. Will also need to pick up a push pole or make one.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nice,
Now them quackers have no chance of escape.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Nice new toy! I really like the new 4 stroke engines. They put out about half the noise of a 2 stroke. I'm betting its less than 12" of draft.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could be the water was really choppy and I had my 6 and 3 year old with me. Next time it hits the water I'll have a rod in hand.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Made a couple of additions to the boat. I think it looks the part now.

They look like crap up close but from a distance they look fine. We have a stencil cad machine at work that makes our stencil patterns for our aircraft markings. I used the same sticker material we use on our aircraft. I figured if it can stay on a bird going 300 mph it will stay on the boat just fine.

The Port side

Starboard side with driver station

up closer

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Way to pimp your ride Bull, looks good.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna take the fam out later today for some fishing in it. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That did come out really good buddy.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks y'all. I got some good comments at the marina yesterday.

Took the fam out to Lake Hefner but the water was really choppy out in the middle. We anchord in a cove to fish awhile. Seen plenty of fish on the fish finder but no bites to be had. Let the wife drive a bit (and the kids) to get her comfertable with the boat in case I needed her to drive it. I REALLY REALLY need to get some guide on rails for it. I had a hell of a time getting back on the trailer. The wind was blowing me all over. Bass Pro has'm for $100 so i may get my B-day gift a month early. Once I get them on I'll have no problems at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice new toy! I really like the new 4 stroke engines. They put out about half the noise of a 2 stroke. I'm betting its less than 12" of draft.

If you look at the last pics I posted and the rib just below the ducks. The waterline is just below that so it was about 12" and that was with 2 adults, 3 kids, a 10g cooler, and my fishing gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts