Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everybody has their MZ sighted in and ready to go this coming weekend.
Went to the range last night and got a good group, so I'm ready to go.
Now, just have to convince the boss I need off on Saturday.
We've been on a plant overhaul for the last 6 weeks, with 60 hr weeks, so I'm pumped to get out. Its supposed to be over this weekend if everything starts up. Been bow hunting twice. Sux.

·
Registered
74 Posts
double checking the ML tomorrow night. Unfortunately won't be out for a morning hunt. Need to get the first coat of paint on the trim in the garage. But once it is one and everything cleaned up its in the truck and off to Duncan.

itching to just get out. Tomorrow will be a success if I'm in a blind. I could care less if something passes my area.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, crap. The plant overhaul is going to last longer than scheduled. Looks like I'll miss opening morning, and maybe the whole day depending...
Whoever schedules these things needs a good nut kick. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Just need Saturday to get here.
Gun is always good to go, just need deer.
Should be in a great spot ,I got over 8 trails coming by my tree stand.
I hope Bird can make it down to go & sit in the cottonwood tree about 4 feet away from my stand.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Looks like we got the green light.
Come on Saturday morning. ;D

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck to you all. I'll be thinking of you in the am.
:'(

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a danged thing going on at work, so the boss is gonna let me off at noon ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Well hope the morning has been good for some of you. My butt is here at work. We got 25-30+ mph winds with light to heavy rain. Had a small bit of hail not long ago as well. I really need a vacation. Wife and kids are in TX and I'm stuck working. I have no luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
He called me a little while ago and they was back at the house empty handed.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was in the stand by 1430, and did not see anything but a **** and armadillo.
Heard two shots in the distance about 20 minutes before dark, when the wind slowed down a little.

Supposed to be worse tomorrow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After changing out the camera cards, since I forgot them on Thursday, I had hte 4wheeler loaded and leaving amber for Duncan at 12 on the money. Got done to the lease in Duncan a bit earlier than I had expected so I did some looking around. Found a dillo that was a bit to roudy for my liking, he got popped.

Outside of the 3 dillos I saw nothing made an appearance. at 6:45 the song dogs were doing their thing. I decided to break down the blind and see if I couldn't find a coyote to shoot. No one else was on the section I was on so no worries on ruining anyones hunt. after 15 minutes I gave up. loaded up and headed out. hooked up with another guy hunting South of me with his sons. They saw a hog this morning that was it.

All said and done. Today was a success. my 8 year streak of no hunting has been broken.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Just got home from the Gauges' and while we didn't get a deer, we had a good time, goooooooood food and of course a great time talkin' with the Mrs Gauge.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hunted most of day about 3 hrs of down time.
Ten minutes before shooting time two yearling does stuck their heads out may have been 60 lb.
I thought they were raccoons @ first & then one minute after shooting time we broke one coming into the clearing we were hunting.

After the winter storm we had last year,everything in the woods has changed.
Got to learn the woods all over again.

Still had fun in the high winds & rain we had all day.
Thanks for coming down Bird.
Will have a new spot to go to next weekend.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I killed a spike at 9:20 am about 80 lbs a good eater.
Congrats on the back strap!
Sat in one stand in the woods in the am, didn't seen anything, sat one another stand on the edge of an uncut milo field, and saw nothing.
Walking out, busted a group of deer, probably does heading to the field.

I hate this full moon. All the deer have turned totally nocturnal.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Congrads on the spike buck IB, you doing better than most this week.

Well if the creek don't rise I'll be down to give it another try. Helped the wifey repaint the dining room/kitchen today and I said that a nice buck mount would look good on the wall. Shock of all shocks, she said it would look nice. So dang, now I need a big buck to "decorate" with!!!!! Still want just anything to eat tho.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I hate this full moon. All the deer have turned totally nocturnal.
I don't know if it's just the full moon. It's been unusually warm lately.

I was in my treestand the other day at around 2:00 PM (1400 for you military peeps :D ) and sat there until it was too dark to shoot. As I was getting my stuff ready to climb down, I heard about 3 come in on me. I waited for about 20 more minutes before they left so I could get down without bumping them too much.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts