Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
You mean you don't have one taking up space in your safe you want to get rid of?
Ironically, I just offered up my 700 Sendero project in trade 10 minutes ago in the for sale section.

I always have one or two projects going.

Great rifles are expensive...but it stings less when you can put them together over a couple years.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Any Belgium Browning A5 Sweet 16 Stealth or any Winchester model 12 in 20 or 12 gauge. I have a weakness for those 2 shotgun models. Currently have 3 of the Winchesters, 1 in 20 gauge and 2 in 12. I learned how to shoot with a Belgium Browning A5 that was my grandpa’s. That gun was too big and too heavy for me to shoot but I shot it anyway and it was the first in my A5 collection. I’ve slowly accumulated enough of the humpbacks to raise a few eyebrows but like Larry Potterfields commercial with his wife and shoes when she asks how many more shotguns does one man need and he says “at least one more”. That fits my craving for these shotguns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Any Belgium Browning A5 Sweet 16 Stealth or any Winchester model 12 in 20 or 12 gauge. I have a weakness for those 2 shotgun models. Currently have 3 of the Winchesters, 1 in 20 gauge and 2 in 12. I learned how to shoot with a Belgium Browning A5 that was my grandpa’s. That gun was too big and too heavy for me to shoot but I shot it anyway and it was the first in my A5 collection. I’ve slowly accumulated enough of the humpbacks to raise a few eyebrows but like Larry Potterfields commercial with his wife and shoes when she asks how many more shotguns does one man need and he says “at least one more”. That fits my craving for these shotguns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grew up in a house that admired the Winchester Model 12s more than anything else. Happen to have a couple in 12ga, one in 16, and one in 20 myself. Also have a Winchester Model 42. Now if only I were wealthy enough to get a Model 12 in 28ga...

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
I bought a sweet 16 Browning at a farm auction in Osage county several years ago.
It had never been fired after being purchased in 1946.
That shotgun and I are a perfect match in the field. It’s hard to miss when using it.
Two years ago a buddy in OKC called and asked if I wanted some 16 ga ammo. A 16 ga collector had passed away and his family wanted to sell his stash, so ended up with 8 cases of 7 1/2 shot Fiochi European style 2 1/2” shells along with a dozen boxes of miscellaneous heavy load shells.
It’s rare any other shotgun comes out of the safe.
Have a Model 12 Winchester in the safe too that was built in 1928.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Been almost 2 years since being in a Walmart.

Reactions: retrieverman
21 - 31 of 31 Posts