Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
-6 here at Draper. Lake looks like it’s on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it freezing over at all or just steaming? I'd love to come back and ice fish it if it ever froze over good enough. I know several years back it got a good crust over it at the north end.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Is it freezing over at all or just steaming? I'd love to come back and ice fish it if it ever froze over good enough. I know several years back it got a good crust over it at the north end.
You'd have to hurry, 50's & 60's next week!!

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Part of it’s frozen but I wouldn’t recommend going out on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’ve got plenty of safe ice here to squat on.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Some guy walked out on the ice at Grand Lake to rescue a dog, fell through and died.
Not advised to get on the ice. I almost died breaking through the ice in the 80's. Close enough to shore to only be chest deep. Was able to break ice with my fists and walk out. Ran the pickup at about 4000 RPM to get it warming up quick. It's amazing how quick freezing water will take your strength away.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I wish it heat up to the 40-50 degree range and rain to get rid of all this white stuff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bird, I'm not ready for all the mud I have to wipe off the dogs feet every time he wants to go in/out of the house! He's a yellow/white lab so this OK red dirt/mud is very noticeable. But, if it's warm enough, I'll leave him out more thus have to clean him up less. Problem solved!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is anyone in or around the Manchester area? I read on FB that there was an earthquake up there this morning.

Subzero temps AND an earthquake....what else could go wrong?!?

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Didn’t feel the quake personally.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I remember about 4 years back when we were having them everyday and multiple ones as well with some lasting upwards of a minute or more. I felt far more shaking in OK than I ever did living in Cali or Guam combined.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Where is everyone? You finally get out of the house to enjoy the sunshine?

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Where is everyone? You finally get out of the house to enjoy the sunshine?
Been sitting in a zero gravity chair all afternoon soaking up the sun. Awesome day!

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
There may have been sunshine yesterday but I didn't see it or care about. Yesterday was the day after my second covid shot and I had required after affect. They say it is was supposed to be like having a light dose of Covid. If that as light, I sure do not want too get full blown COVID. Lasted about 12 hours. Wife was more sick than I.

I am a bit tired this morning, like you feel the day after being sick.

I do feel like doing something to day, already ordered up the materials to build swabs for a couple of cannons I am building. Been back an forth to the shop a couple of times and feel tired, But I sit at the computer a few minutes and drink a cup of coffee and I am recuperated.

I hope this afternoon I can get out in the shop and finish fitting barrel to the carriage.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
There may have been sunshine yesterday but I didn't see it or care about. Yesterday was the day after my second covid shot and I had required after affect. They say it is was supposed to be like having a light dose of Covid. If that as light, I sure do not want too get full blown COVID. Lasted about 12 hours. Wife was more sick than I.

I am a bit tired this morning, like you feel the day after being sick.

I do feel like doing something to day, already ordered up the materials to build swabs for a couple of cannons I am building. Been back an forth to the shop a couple of times and feel tired, But I sit at the computer a few minutes and drink a cup of coffee and I am recuperated.

I hope this afternoon I can get out in the shop and finish fitting barrel to the carriage.
Yes sir, that Covid hangover is a biatch!

For once I was glad for a windy day. That warm south wind did a number on the remaining snow and dried out the mud. Win Win.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts