Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
These Covid vaccines are impossible to gauge the results. My wife got pretty sick for 24 hours after her Pfizer second shot. She's mid 50s. My Mom, late 70s, got her second shot and said arm was a little sore but NOTHING like my wife. I don't fall into a high risk category so willing to wait and I don't have the lack of social morals to dress up like an elderly man to cut to the front of the line like those 2 ladies/girls did in Florida. Should've arrested them both and let spend a couple days in jail to think about it.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
We get our second shots of the Modura vaccine Thursday morning. We are behind schedule because of all the bad weather that delayed shipments.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Both my folks have had the 1st shot and should have gotten the second this week but will not be getting it anytime soon. Both my folks tested positive last week and my dads not doing well at all.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Both my folks have had the 1st shot and should have gotten the second this week but will not be getting it anytime soon. Both my folks tested positive last week and my dads not doing well at all.
Hope your folks get better.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Jane and I got the second shot Sunday. I have now been to Elk City Oklahoma.

Her arm was immediately sore. Mine at first no sorer than from getting a shot. Later that night it was getting worse. for both of use. Monday morning she woke up not feeling well and progressively worsened. Afternoon I started not feeling well and by evening was feeling miserable. I was in bed by 9 when I normally don't go to bed before midnight. We woke Tuesday morning feeling just fine.

Bird, just said a quick prayer for you and your family.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Hope your parents get over it. I've read that those with even the first shot have a pretty good recovery.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Dad was taken to the hospital today. Too week to stand or support himself. Haven’t heard any updates in several hours.
Found out today that my old boss from Lumber 2 Home and Ranch in OKC lost his wife to Covid yesterday.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Dad was taken to the hospital today. Too week to stand or support himself. Haven’t heard any updates in several hours.
Found out today that my old boss from Lumber 2 Home and Ranch in OKC lost his wife to Covid yesterday.
Didn’t want to hear that your dad was in poor shape. Hoping for a quick and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
That is some sad news about your dad, Bull. Hope all works out well for them and you.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Any news Bullbuster about your dad?

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Got a shot update late last night. Dad was actually eating some solid foods and drinking a bit more fluids. He was able to stand on his own with the aid of his walker but couldn’t walk with it without assistance. Mom says he seems to be improving. Will have to take it one day at a time.
Thank you all for asking.
He will be 80 in June and we trying to put together a surprise party for him. Be a long trip to WA and back in the 4 days I’m off but well worth the trip.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Good deal.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Hope the recovery keeps going on track. Hope everyone around him and you are holding up well.

·
Super Moderator
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
1st to be on topic...supposed to hit the upper 40’s this week. That will surly melt a lot of the lake ice and probably end the ice fishing season for us.

2nd....Talked to dad briefly last night and he was doing much better. Finally eating solid foods and drinking the amount of fluids he should. It’s really messed with his dementia and he doesn’t seem to know it’s Covid he has. Thinks it’s just a bad cold or flue is all. Over all I think he is on the upswing of things and will be fine as far as Covid is concerned.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts