Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my wife called me and says she's headed to the ER with our 4 year old son. He's been battling pneumonia for the last week. He also has asthma. Well they admitted him to OU children's hospital. They took blood, x-rays and the whole nine yards. X-rays showed 90% pneumonia in both lungs vs the 20% from last week and now fluid in the right lung. They got him on 2 steroid IV drips, and 100% oxygen as his O2 levels had been at 85-88% and a heart beat of 180-200. If the fluid isn't gone by mid day tomorrow they are going to put him under and put a tube into his lung and suck the fluid out. He may be in the hospital a couple of days.

My wife is staying with him tonight and I just got home and got our other 2 kids in bed. Its going to be a long night and next couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm headed back to hospital. New tests results in. Doc's want him to stay till atleast Friday.

Craig looks like I'll have to take a rain check on this weekend. However we can still meet up for a few will have to see what happens.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Sounds like the little guy is in for a rough time.
He will be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a little girl around the same age. I couldn't imagine going through that! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Take care of the little fella!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Wish you boy and the rest of y'all the best and hope all goes well soon.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Thoughts and prayers coming your way. I will also tell my boss and get your son in a prayer circle.

Michael

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks y'all. Its 2340 and I just got back from a day at the hospital. He had a good day for the most part. His IV came out of his arm and took me and 4 nurses to hold him down while they put a new one in. He coughing up more crud which is good but it has some blood in it and that isn't. Will have to wait and see what the x-rays in the morning have to show.

Half my chain of command stopped in today and I've been granted time off till Monday unless he doesn't come home by then after that I have to take leave again.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good news!!! We get to take him home today. Get'n his final med treatments right now and packing up the room. Should have discharge papers at 1300.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Great to hear he is coming home. ;D

Its amazing how sick somebody can be and the medical people we have in this country can work their miracles.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Great news, hope everyone is doing well and resting at home now.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well he came home yesterday and we ALL got a good nights sleep for once this week. Still doing his med treatments and he seems to be getting back to normal.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
That's great news Bull, hope he makes a full recovery ASAP

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Bird. We had a follow up on base today with a ^*%@& of a LPN. Had to hold the wife back. He was supposed to get a follow up x-ray and she said no as it was a waist of her time to do so. If we wanted one that bad to take him back to the Childrens Hospital. He has also broke out in a rash possible a reaction to some med he's taking and sho didn't seam concerned about it all. Said if it started to bother him to take him to the ER. I wanted to choke this lady out as well. Needless to say we filed a complaint and took him back to OU Childrens hospital. They where great and we got the x-ray done (still showing some lung congestion) and came up with a game plan to figure out what med may be causing the rash.

I hate military medical facilities and recomend OU Childrens Hospital to anyone.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks and hope ya had a good trip up this way.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
I hate military medical facilities and recomend OU Childrens Hospital to anyone.
Ou Childrens is top notch..
I'm guessing times have changed, as back in my day the military hospital/care was pretty good. Just had to wade through some of the POS nurses that had a "job" and not a mission to provide medical care.
Both of my kids were delivered in Military Hospitals, and got great care.
BUT! after the first, my wife wanted to breast feed, and with us being 1500K miles away from home and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet at that time, and not enough money to pay for a call back home, she went to a military clinic and asked for help in how to do this with a 4 day old child.
The "nurse" basically pulled her top down in front of male and female people in a hallway and jammed the babies face onto her breast, and said "this is how it happens" and walked away. Duh, we knew that, but she wasn't giving milk and didn't know how to get it started. :mad:
I made my way throught the channels to the director of the hospital, and finally to an assistant to the Post Commander.
That "nurse" lost her cushy civilian job.
Get sideways with my family, a mean pit bull would slink away in fear.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ou Childrens is top notch..
I'm guessing times have changed, as back in my day the military hospital/care was pretty good. Just had to wade through some of the POS nurses that had a "job" and not a mission to provide medical care.
Both of my kids were delivered in Military Hospitals, and got great care.
BUT! after the first, my wife wanted to breast feed, and with us being 1500K miles away from home and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet at that time, and not enough money to pay for a call back home, she went to a military clinic and asked for help in how to do this with a 4 day old child.
The "nurse" basically pulled her top down in front of male and female people in a hallway and jammed the babies face onto her breast, and said "this is how it happens" and walked away. Duh, we knew that, but she wasn't giving milk and didn't know how to get it started. :mad:
I made my way throught the channels to the director of the hospital, and finally to an assistant to the Post Commander.
That "nurse" lost her cushy civilian job.
Get sideways with my family, a mean pit bull would slink away in fear.
This particular LPN looks like Cruella De Vill (sp) and has the attitude ta boot. The base only has a clinic not a hospital. All 3 of my kids where born at Naval Hospitals in Guam, California, and Virginia and had great treatment. It may be its just a clinic or its they are Air Force personal. I already had issues with my PCM and had to change to a new one.
I think from now on we will just go to OU Children's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.