Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I‘ve wanted a S&W 65 with a 3” barrel for a while and missed a couple opportunities at one over the years, but I finally got a deal done yesterday. I bought it from the original owner (a retired state trooper) who has had it since the mid 80’s. It’s been carried a lot but shot little. He just recently had it bead blasted (due to corrosion from sweat) and gone over by Gemini Custom. I’ve put about a hundred rounds through it, and it looks and shoots great.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
That’s sexy!! I’d like a .357 as well.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Great looking Pistola! I’ll bet the muzzle flash is impressive at low light conditions.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I love muzzle flash! The flame thrower effect is fun at the range.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love muzzle flash! The flame thrower effect is fun at the range.
I’ve only shot 38’s in it so far, but I’m now up to 150 rounds through the gun. I loaded up some 38+p ammo this evening and will give them a try tomorrow. If I can find some 357 brass, I’ll really see what kind of flame thrower it is.;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Those are sweet.

I looked at the photo before reading your post and couldn't figure out why the finish looked so matte...duh.

Clearly one of the best all time do-all combat/conceal carry revolvers. I bought a couple police turn-in 64s a few years ago and cleaned them up before trading them for a good condition 66-1. My .38s were 4" heavy barrels though and not three.

Great score.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I’ve only shot 38’s in it so far, but I’m now up to 150 rounds through the gun. I loaded up some 38+p ammo this evening and will give them a try tomorrow. If I can find some 357 brass, I’ll really see what kind of flame thrower it is.;)
I may have a few rounds of mag brass for you but it will be a bit before getting home.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Try a local range and pick some up from the brass bin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts