Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being told that sense my German Shepard is lonely we will be adding a new addition to the family. My wife has been given a free 1/2 & 1/2 black and chocolate lab mix. Owners have 4 more they wants to get rid of for free. Both parents have papers. So in 5 weeks when the little fella gets here I'll have to see how well his blood line is. Not sure if I'm happy or upset about this.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Its a puppy! ;D I've been trying to talk my wife into another brittany pup. Gunner is 4 years old, and I'd like to get a new one started.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife never tells me about new pets till its too late for me to say NO. But lord help me if I don't inform her of ANYTHING I intend to get. Women I tell ya.

I have to fiish building the chicken coop as well as she promised my kids they could have a couple chickens. Atleast I got a new skill saw out of that deal.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
My wife never tells me about new pets till its too late for me to say NO. But lord help me if I don't inform her of ANYTHING I intend to get. Women I tell ya.
Good Lord, are we married to the same woman??? ;D

I have to fiish building the chicken coop as well as she promised my kids they could have a couple chickens. Atleast I got a new skill saw out of that deal.

Nothing wrong with getting a new saw......its amazing how predators can wipe out chickens.......Just sayin :eek:

I'm telling the truth, my older britt that gets to bird hunt every day now, found a turkey nest, and we ended up with 15 eggs. I spent a week after work building a pen after they were old enough to put in one, and didn't think of putting a floor in it.
They were just about ready to release into the wild, and something, (we think a fox) dug under the fence and killed every one of them. 15 total.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang that stinks. My shepard does a good job of keeping anything out of the yard.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the dogs and kids to the lake on Sunday for some play time. Here are a few pic's.

My shepard Sara with one of her many water retrieves. My lab Sassy up on the bank.

They both went after this retrieve

Sassy tried to get a piggy back ride in. She just isn't as fast a swimmer yet as my shepard.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Will take time,but the more time ya got to give her the better she'll get.
If all else fails train the Shepard for bird hunting.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will take the sheperd out atleast once just to see how she is. Couldn't hurt none.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts