Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my FFL that he had a gun for me to pick up.
S&W M&P series 2 in 10 mm with a 4.6” barrel.
two 15 round magazines and three back straps for the grip.
Not a guy with big hands so the first job was to install the small model.
Dry firing, I quickly found it was a decent factory trigger. Not as good as the Apex trigger in the M&P .40 cal I compete with but it does have a short reset.
Live fire when getting some ammo will iron that out.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation Gun accessory

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, that should do the trick. Nice looking pistol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The penetrator Underwood ammo rated at 1510 fps coming tomorrow should be effective. Watched a lot of YouTube video's before selecting that ammo.

·
Super Moderator
12,801 Posts
The penetrator Underwood ammo rated at 1510 fps coming tomorrow should be effective. Watched a lot of YouTube video's before selecting that ammo.
Let me know how you like that new ammo. I’m always willing to look into something new for “The woods” carry.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice pistola Dennis! Also want to hear how well that ammo performs. When I bought my Glock 20, the guy tossed in 3 boxes of Buffalo Bore(18-19 in each box) along with 3 boxes of Double Tap in 230gr hardcast(48-49 in each box). If you were closer, I'd offer some up for a little side by side comparison(most likely what you saw on YouTube). And I won't bore you talking about my buddy who's brother worked at Remington and would get loose rounds or mispackaged round of all calibers for $5/50. I bought 1000 rounds of 10mm for $100!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Nice pistola Dennis! Also want to hear how well that ammo performs. When I bought my Glock 20, the guy tossed in 3 boxes of Buffalo Bore(18-19 in each box) along with 3 boxes of Double Tap in 230gr hardcast(48-49 in each box). If you were closer, I'd offer some up for a little side by side comparison(most likely what you saw on YouTube). And I won't bore you talking about my buddy who's brother worked at Remington and would get loose rounds or mispackaged round of all calibers for $5/50. I bought 1000 rounds of 10mm for $100!
Dang what a deal!

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Yes I did watch a comparison between Buffalo Bore ammo and the Underwood penetrator.
The Penetrator won the drag race in the ballistic gel that in no way mimics actual hide, skin and heavy bone.
Also picked up a couple boxes of 200 grain hard cast bullets that run over 1200 fps that in my thinking will be better on large game as the heavier weight will retain more kinetic energy when it encounters a heavy leg bone or ribs.
Now to find a holster with at least a retention strap.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, I don't know diddly about ammo and such but knew it was expensive to be tossing in with a gun. I got 3 different bullets I believe - 2 in a hardcast and one FMJ. 200, 220 and 230 gr. Sure would think 140 gr to be small for a 10 mm but like I said I'm a LONG way from knowing much at all! :) Ballistic gel is about all ya got so as good of an indicator as you'll find.

Dang it - ya made me go look. I can't recall exactly when I bought the Glock but the BB ammo was $30/20 and the DoubleTap was $47/50(I looked it up back then and marked on the boxes).

Motor vehicle Yellow Font Gas Gadget
Yellow Font Material property Wood Gas

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
None of that stuff is cheap. I went to several stores today looking for cheaper ammo to break it in but no luck.
Found 67 pieces of brass in the collection so and I’m not short on all the components to reload some.

Reactions: DRC458

·
Administrator
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts