Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all can see, the forum format has been changed with new and exciting features. The former software was outdated and no longer supported.
It's going to be an uphill learning curve for all of our members with the staff included.
It should be easier to post pics, and video's. I haven't done it yet but will be educating myself on the new features in the next few days.
Please post any issues you need help with in this thread. Bullbuster and myself will do our best to resolve them to the best of our ability. We do have resources to fall back on for technical issues we can't help with.
Enjoy the new format, and let's move forward.

Reactions: baby

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate it
Its different for sure but I'm familiar with the new software program. Lots of other forums have gone to it because it's easier to navigate and more user friendly for members once they learn the features.
Personally once one gets used to it, the more you'll like it I hope.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I will figure it out. I just got to get used it.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
How do you change the format to show latest comment first? Been looking and haven't figured it out yet.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
How do you change the format to show latest comment first? Been looking and haven't figured it out yet.
Probably in settings. Let me browse around and see if anything can be done.

Update: what I can find is that when you click on a thread, it takes you to the first post in that thread.
Then go to the upper right and select "Jump to Latest" button. It will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
I just logged in after several weeks/months of not being on here. I was like "WTF?!"
While we knew this change was coming, I wasn’t aware it was happening this fast after we got notified of it. I too was surprised when I logged in a few days ago to see the change.

While we all have our personal opinions on this change we need to work together to learn it and enjoy it. I haven’t had the opportunity yet to just sit down go through everything but I will soon. I know change is hard for many, including me, but before long these changes will be in the past and it will feel like a newly remodeled home again.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This ZenForo software is much easier for the members to use vs the old forum format. Pictures and videos are extremely easy to post now.
If you see a pic on the internet you want to post here, just open the pic, right click it and copy it.
Then paste it into the thread. It's just that easy now.
If you want to post a YouTube video, just hit the share button on the video, then copy the link provided and post it. Simple!
If you have pics saved to your hard drive on the computer, just hit the landscape button below in the tool bar, double click the pic you want to see on the forum and it's done.
Tapatalk is still active for those using that format to access the forum and post pics from your phone. Nothing changed there.
If there are any questions, feel free to post them in this thread or send to myself or bullbuster in a PM and we will be more than glad to help you out.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Probably in settings. Let me browse around and see if anything can be done.

Update: what I can find is that when you click on a thread, it takes you to the first post in that thread.
Then go to the upper right and select "Jump to Latest" button. It will take you to the first unread post in that thread.
Grasseyass amigo! Right there in front of me, how tricky.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like to me we've got a group of middle aged men on the site and change isn't easy. +1 to the list! :) Mid-50's and work is more difficult every year due to all of the updates and changes in the IT world. New and better 'mouse traps' everywhere and executives just love to pick a software tool THEN ask the users of it how it's working a couple months later after we've banged our head against the wall for weeks. I don't need no stinking Cloud!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I’m a Tapatalk user and haven’t seen any changes yet other than the logo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
If you access the site via direct internet link you will changes right away.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wish it had a new post button on the front page. It currently hidden behind the three dots in the upper right corner.
It does. The button is labeled NEW. Located on top of the page to the left of the forum list on the right side.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Well, what good is it to put a button like right in plain sight ? :)

Oh brother. Got it, dropping the blind old fart card on the table....
Yep, if it had been a rattlesnake it would have bitten me as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts