Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this holster made of Kydex from Triple Crown Holster in Moore Ok. It a new clear material. I think I like it!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
For the man that doesn't want to hide his pretty Kimber. I like both the holster and espically the 1911.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Like them both. I found a perdy Kimber 1911 I want.

Answer me this a real 1911 should be a .45? Why in the world would you want one thats a .22. Its just not the same.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Like them both. I found a perdy Kimber 1911 I want.

Answer me this a real 1911 should be a .45? Why in the world would you want one thats a .22. Its just not the same.
It's really not the same when you're buying ammo for the .45 beast! Even with me reloading, the cost of .22 makes it a lot easier to satisfy my trigger finger and then when you don't have to pick up reloadable brass afterwards, it adds to the fun factor as well!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plus, if your shooting comptitions, a platform with the same ergonomics makes practice a whole lot cheaper.

That being said, I've just finished up loading enough .45 ACP to fill three coffee containers that hold 3 pounds of coffee each.
Starting the prep on around 3K .223 rounds.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
We have a Taurus 1911 in .22 and to me its just not a 1911. Same with the Derert Eagle in .22 is wierd.

Dennis who makes your AR? I'm not up to par on them but I'm torn between the Rock Island and Stag Arms both in .223.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a Taurus 1911 in .22 and to me its just not a 1911. Same with the Derert Eagle in .22 is wierd.

Dennis who makes your AR? I'm not up to par on them but I'm torn between the Rock Island and Stag Arms both in .223.
Either one will work fine for general shooting. Stag just came out with a new 3 gun model for competition that is pretty snazzy, but pricey.
I've got a Spikes tactical lower, a Remington R15(made by Bushmaster for Remington), and a full custom lower by Accuracy systems Inc.

You have just opened up a question that has fueled a million threads on dozens of gun forums.
What do you want to do with the one you choose? Plinker? Hunter? Competition? flat top? A1?, A2?, A4 Carbine?, SBR?, direct impingment, piston driven?

There are so many options these days, its mind boggling.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Rock River and Stag are both good rifles. RR has the best trigger I've ever felt in an AR. I now install them in all my AR's, even my Stag 6.8 has a RR trigger in it. It's my understanding that Stag makes S&W AR's for them.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Dennis send me the info on Triple Crown holsters. I'm about 3 miles from Moore. I will check out.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Big difference in shooting a .22,say a Walther p22 or even the Ruger version of the 1911 MkIII .22, than shooting your 1911 frame in .22. Learning where all the buttons are, the trigger pull and reset, the point of aim of the gun all come with time behind the pistol. If you can decrease the cost of shooting that gun, then you can spend more time shooting it. Big thing is drawing from a holster and getting a quick sight picture and the same for reloads.
Back in the day ('78) Army boot camp, we shot our M16's with a .22 conversion bolt for initial sight in and weapon fam. Had to save the Army tons of money by shooting .22 rather than .223.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pretty much use JP Enterprise triggers on my lowers, and Timmney triggers on the bolt guns. Everything is set to 3lb pull, so there won't be any suprises when switching guns.
I have a buddy with a .22-250 that has a trigger set at 1lb. Every time I shoot the gun, it goes off before I'm ready. Way too light for me, but he is used to it.

Smokewagon, the link to Troys site is broken right now for whatever reason. I sent him a text to get back with me. When he does, I'll get back to you.
You may even know him. He is LEO in Moore, training officer, and SWAT. Troy Fullbright

Edit: the link works now.

http://www.crown3x.com/

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Dennis. I'm talking to him as we speak

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Dennis I wouldn't know where to begin on the AR questions. Will spit them out when I need help. I sold 3 Walther PK380's with lazer yesterday. All to women. We are in work on a all womens like of guns and gear. We should have it up and going in a week or two. Have had great demand for that kinda stuff. Also sold an AK. Was a good day for me.

Like the holster. Do they make a matching clear double mag pouch?

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dennis I wouldn't know where to begin on the AR questions. Will spit them out when I need help.Like the holster. Do they make a matching clear double mag pouch?
Ask away, anytime.
TripleCrown makes mag pouches as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts