Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got a 1975 Jeep Cherokee Chief today. Its my Grandpas old Jeep. Rebuilt motor, less then 1200 miles on the re built motor. AMC 360, full time Quadra Trac 4x4, little rusty, but its a '75! Got a few problems I have to address, but she will be up and going in no time! I will post some pictures later!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
My buddy had a jeep cherokee from that era. Man, we used to go everywhere in that thing. Looking forward to the pics.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
No they sure don't. I have some friends out in Oregan that drive an old Jimmy. That thing will scale anything and go anywhere. Gonna be a nice old rig come falls for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I really hope so! I just want it to ice up now, just to see how much better I can get around then everybody else! Just about have to sell the thing to pay for new tires though!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
And the best part of a rig like that, you don't cringe when a black jack limb scratches down the full length of the truck!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
That just adds more character to it.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
That is identical to my buddy's old war wagon.
Wonder if it somehow is his old one?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This has been in the family atleast 15 years for sure. Maybe more like 25.... and yea, I could hit a tree with this and woudnt care. Much less a limb haha!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've always liked those old Cherokees and Wagoneers. Good lookin' deer hearse!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Need a big old pipe front bumper on it, so you don't have To go around any trees. :D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hit a tree on the way out to the hunting grounds and keep on going mobile.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive got a heavy duty bumper with a grill guard that was on my wagoneer. its built solid, if you are interested, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
We need to see a field test video of said bumper and a tree.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts