Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night produces 2 fish for me. A small bluegill and a hybrid bass. Not very big but my first hybrid. Had lots of bites but kids kept loosing the ones they had. Will need to take the fly rod next time. Seen a guy slamming the bluegill on a top water popper.
This is Eagle lake in Del City. Its one of them close to home fishing lake's. Its a cell phone pic so sorry its fuzzy.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Nice crappie ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I 99.9% sure it was a hybrid bass and not a crappie. I had to borrow some pliers from a guy and he said it was a hybrid. But I could be wrong. I'm still getting back into this fresh water fish identification thing.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Catfish, trout, bluegill I got no problem with. SM/LM bass I gotta take a good look at the jaw to make an identification. The rest of the fish around here I'm cluless. Its what I get for spending the last 5 years on saltwater fish.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
You may have Kentucky spotted bass there as well.
ID them by the jaw hinging in front of the eye, vs behind the eye for a large mouth, and they will have some spots below the lateral line.
No length limit, nor bag limits for the spotted bass.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually practice catch and release. If its a good one or swallows the hook and is in trouble already then I'll keep it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hybrid- White Crappie. :D
At least ya got to get out in steed of working all the time.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it. I'm at work right now. :mad:
May go again tomorrow night but still remodeling the house well taking down wallpaper and painting 5 rooms.

Speaking of that anyone ever heard of putting wall paper directly over sheetrock. That's what I'm dealing with. The wallpaper was applied directly to the sheetrock. I have to patch, prime, texture, and paint the kitchen, dinning room, and 3 bathrooms. Plus paint the living room all by next weekend when my folks roll into town.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea Bull I've dealt with that myself in the past...Man I truly feel for ya...stuff just don't want to come off..But it'll all look good when you're finished...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts