Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a short trip to New Mexico and Colorado..We saw lots of deer and of course antelope. Also saw a few elk. I thought I would share a few of the pictures. The deer were all on a ranch a few miles east of Cimarron, New Mexico and the antelope was between Cimarron and Raton on a little state highway. I haven't seen as many antelope as most, but this was the most impressive Antelope I have ever seen. One more note..the deer were on a ranch that only had 185,000 acres...I talked to one of the foreman...He was even from Oklahoma...but...no invite. :( ...Sasakwa

We got a lot of pictures of this guy but he just wouldn't stand around for his picture taking.. Like I said, I'm sure some of yawl have seen bigger but I know the one I have on my wall would fit between his horns and have room to spare.

If he gets through the fence, he better watch his step.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I certainly haven't..The pictures sure don't do him justice as far as the mass..they do seem to show that his spread is about the same as his shoulders..everytime he would turn and look at me, before I could aim (I'm 59) he would run again..Oh..and by the way...WELCOME to the board Thrash13..

·
Administrator
14,261 Posts
I'm not a B&C scorer, but have seen lots of "book" antelope mounts. That one would score way up in the books. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Man what a nice goat!!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice goat i hope to see one like that next weekend in wy i will be there with bow in hand
I hope you do too my friend..But, any antelope taken with a bow makes my record books...it will be a true trophy before the first measurement is taken...Good Luck...

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
He's a good Pronghorn.

·
Registered
918 Posts
thats how I feel about it also and to top it off I won a free antelope shoulder mount from a taxidermist in WY that is putting on the hunt so to speak

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Good luck on the hunt buddy.

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts