Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

New Savage 99

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Bullbuster 
#1 ·
Hey Gauge I picked this 99C up from a guy in NY of all places. Its a .243 with a detachable magazine. It wasnt supposed to have a scope on it, but the old guy put a cheap 4x Simmons on it. I plan to put a better scope on it. Its in better shape than my .308. Its in excellent condition.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice find! How accurate do you find the 99's? Across the board, the bolt savages are just as accurate as some of the higher end guns.
Wonder about the lever guns?

#5 ·
Ok here is one for all of you to laugh at me about. But how in the heck do you load your model 99 308? I found one at a gun shop and being a lefty and admiring yours in another post I went looking for one. I Looked it over no clip no tube not single shot and after quick examination didn't seem to house internal clip? Just a brief descript if you dint mind. Also what might be a good price.

#8 ·
I deer hunted with a .300 Savage that had an internal rolling block mag. A buddy let me use it. Was a neet little rifle.

#10 ·
I have a 7.7 Jap that has been rebarreled and re-stocked to a .300 Savage. Ballistics are almost identical to the .308. Bought it because nobody knew what it was.

Great gun. I've killed a couple of deer with it. Been in the safe for a couple of years, and its getting time to take it out to kill again this season.

I cycle all of the guns each season. The .300 Savage is out first, and the Mod 70 Pre-64 Classic is out next.

#11 ·
I'd like to get a 300 savage rolling block

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.