Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked me up a Saiga .410 shotgun. Havent shot it yet, but hopefully it will shoot good. You can get all kinds of accessories for these babies, just like the AK's . Im gonna get a mag so I can shoot all this 2.5 shells up that Ive had laying around for years. Sure would like to smoke a turkey with it. I figure it will do the trick if I call em in close. Im going to get an AR style collapsible stock for it so my son can shoot it better. I will leave it loaded up for the wife when im gone, stoked with buckshot and slugs. I have a 15 round mag on the way. That should make any intruder very unhappy. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Post us up a pick of this 410 Smoke.
Would like to see it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the before. Ill post a pic after I doll it all up.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I shot a match at USAA in Tulsa last year, and got an opportunity to shoot a Short Barreled Saiga Tromix.

We shot steel poppers, and the Saiga was the king!:D

This is the first I've heard of in the .410 guage.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I've seen the 12ga versions before but not the .410's. With all the cool Judge ammo out now, it's becoming a heck of a home defense load.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool looking gun.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got my mag for 2.5 shells in the mail. Now I can shoot all the buck and slugs I already have on hand.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the after photo's of my project. Took forever to get the parts all because the 15rd mag was backordered. It now has a new Tri-rail forearm, a T6 Intrafuse Tapco buttstock, a 15rd magazine, and a quick release side scope mount. The mount and forearm came in Black, but I OD'd it to match buttstock. I already had the front pistol grip that opens into a bi-pod. This is one wicked .410

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing that really irated me is that no instructions came with the stocks at all. Luckily Im a tinkerer and figured it out. I also found a video on youtube that showed how to install it after the fact. Had to use the Dremel on the forearm. Just needed a slight shaving to get it to fit. Now I just need to find a neat little red dot for it.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
SWEET!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I'm lovin' it! ;D
I suggest you look at the Bushnell Trophy red dot. I use it on my steel challenge pistol, and three gun AR.
Has 4 different reticles, 7 levels of brightness, and is selectable in red or green. ;)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dennis, is that the sight that looks like an ACOG? I did find out the new Winchester PDX1 Defender ammo will not fit in my new 15rd magazine. Just a hair to long. :mad: Dang it. They do fit in my 4rd though.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
It looks like a short scope. O magnification. I'm on my phone now. I'll post a link when I get home

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Now that would make one heck of a 'yote buster!!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
How about a 12g 3 1/2" for some quackers!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts