Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad in the paper for this shotgun. It is a Model 1100 LT-20 Remington.
The 82 year old guy that owned it bought it new in 1978, and it has never had a shell put into it much less fired. Right after buying it he blew out a knee, and never went hunting. He also gave me the original owners manual, receipt, gun case, cleaning kit, and the hanging tag from the TG&Y store where it was bought.
Said he wanted $400 for it, and I slapped four of them in his hand before he could change his mind. ;D
I spent a lot of thinking time on weather I should shoot it or leave it in the pristine condition, as it would sell for around 7-8 bills on some of the online gun auctions. But then....I buy guns....I don't sell them, so I took it dove hunting. First 20 I've ever shot. It was sure easy on the shoulder and the arm thats still healing. ;D

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
What a gem you found. I'm like you, I'd of shot it as soon as I got it home. Had a 12ga just like it waaay back in the day. Congrads on the find.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
What a classic you got your hands on their, Dennis.
Awesome shotgun.
Is it a 2 3/4" & 3 " Mag Remington 1100?

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 2 3/4".
The Rem 1100 LT-20's will only accept two in the magazine, so a plug is not needed for upland birds.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Learned something new.
Had no idea the LT-20 only allowed 2 in the mag.
Sure is a nice upland game bird gun.
What's it weight about 6 1/4 lbs or less?

·
Administrator
14,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know the specs, but it sure is a lot lighter than the 12 ga 1100 I have. I'm thinking that by putting a max of two shells in the chamber, they could advertise the "fully loaded weight" a lot less than a gun that weighed the same empty, but carried 5 shells in the chamber when fully loaded. there are a couple of other guns that only came out with the smaller chambers. I remember hearing some talk about them, but don't remember which models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.