Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rack of my largest racked deer just lying around, a 9-point with a 16 1/2" spread. I shot him in 2008 rifle season at the back of my property, and he only weighed 118 dressed, but he looked pretty good. So I decided to make a plaque for it. I actually started it in the summer, when I made my turkey display. I drew the plans on a piece of paper, then traced it onto a piece of 1x8 white pine. I cut it out, and began sanding it, but my sanding belt broke. I finally went and got some new sanding belts yesterday, and finished it, then stained it with the same cherry stain as the turkey display.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
That looks great!

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Looks good However ur gonna get bugs eating on the leathers flesh still on that skull plate if u didn't scrape it all off first.

I have something that will go really nice on the wall next to that. Should be able to get it to you next week.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think I have to worry about bugs. It's been sitting in my closet and on my gun safe for almost 4 solid years. I even left a little room at the bottom for a plate or something.

I can't wait to see that duck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts