Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't quite get a comfortable feeling shooting coyotes the way the new law reads.

Called my local warden and asked. He told me that if I have landowner permission on a property that had a farm tax exemption (I don't know if he's getting a bit interpretive of the laws there or not) that I'm cleared hot to shoot using a thermal.

I've let a lot of coyotes go. Some maybe not. I'll probably still not post videos until it is widely accepted in this state. I did shoot one a couple nights ago that had an obvious front leg injury just to put it out of its misery...took a 110gr Controlled Chaos to the chest like a champ and didn't move 馃槃. Looked like a trap took half its foot.

Bagged a triple recently too that had cut a yearling off from the doe and were trying to run it down. They ran the poor little deer right by me. I gave it until they were within 30 yards and I could claim self defense. ~6 seconds later and I had three dogs down. Wish I lived closer to a good hide tanner. That would have made an awesome video too...unlike my usual crappy performance, I was on that time.

Premium Member
I am going to start going after coyotes and hogs on the lease. The owner has asked me to get after the coyotes as his cows will start calving in February, and he has had problems in the past. He did express a great concern over the coyotes going after his barn cats which he uses to control rodents getting in his cattle feed.

He has also expressed concern about the hogs tearing up his pastures and pond dams.

He has given me permission to night hunt.

I need to check with him about his farm tax exemption--can't imagine an operation as big as his not having the exemption?

Any suggestion on the form for the written permission from land owner?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to start going after coyotes and hogs on the lease. The owner has asked me to get after the coyotes as his cows will start calving in February, and he has had problems in the past. He did express a great concern over the coyotes going after his barn cats which he uses to control rodents getting in his cattle feed.

He has also expressed concern about the hogs tearing up his pastures and pond dams.

He has given me permission to night hunt.

I need to check with him about his farm tax exemption--can't imagine an operation as big as his not having the exemption?

Any suggestion on the form for the written permission from land owner?

I have pre-written slips that all the landowner has to do is fill out their name and sign. I keep them all with me in my truck.

They say something along the lines of: " I ___, grant diggler1833 permission to conduct nighttime removal of feral swine on my property as a landowner designee. This permission can be revoked at any time, however as long as diggler1833 retains possession of this slip, he is operating under my permission. Signed, ___.

Then I go onto the ODWC website and register the property as the landowner designee. You'll need their full name, phone number, and acrage. I just give a general location where it asks for property description, along with "used for cattle" etc...

Premium Member
Thanks Diggler for walking me through the ODW website to find the Pig hunting license. this afternoon. It was a pleasure talking with you.

Now to write up a permission slip from the Ranch to night hunt pigs and coyotes. Once the Rancher signs that for me, then I will make an appointment to visit with the Game warden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts