Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on Night Vision Monocular for deer hunting any info on affordable ones would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
First off WELCOME to Oklahoma Hunter!! ;D

You looking for a night vision gun scope or hand held? Just want to make sure I'm on the right page.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I don't have any information about night vision products, but welcome you to the forum.
What do your hunt, and do you shoot matches?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry i wasn't clear im looking for a hand held monocular. my granddaughter and i just spooked 5 deer feeding the other morning trying to get to the stand just walked right up on them if we only knew we could have taken a different path or just waited by a tree for light. And for home use so when the dogs get to barking and the wife says get up and see whats going on ill be able to do just that ...LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
As far as having one with you while deer hunting I think some sorta game law will come into play but don't quote me on that.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Current Ok Law does not allow for any type of night vision.

That being said, I walk 1/2 mile into my hunting area. I use a head mounted light with green led's. I've walked up to 20 yds of deer just standing there looking at me. When I look away and back they move off slowly, not in a panic.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I use a red light as they don't seem to be bothered by it. The white light seems to send them running for cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts