Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well those of you who knew me from the old site, might remember that i'm a hardcore noodler. Just wonderin if anyone else on here likes to go as well. It's really starting to heat up out there, and the noodlin is starting to get good.

Cory

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Nice flathead! ;D
I haven't been in a long time, but always enjoyed it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this one was only around 30 lbs, but the first decent fish we've gotten so far. It's just now starting to get good in the rivers. Going to be a good summer for noodlin if the rivers don't flood any more

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Ours are still really high around NC okla. I think the biggest I ever noodled was a 15 pound bluecat female that was sitting on a nest. She tore my hand up pretty good, but It really made me mad to have to release her. ;)
Some of the guys I work with do a little noodling. I'll have to get in good with them and get an invite:D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Great flathead Cory.
Went a few times got a 11lb flathead & decided that was good enough for me.
I like my fingers to much.

Cheek your p.m's?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya Dennis..those bluecats are the pitbulls of the river as we say. first hole i ever checked when i was growing up, had a 25 and a 35 lb bluecats in it. I was bleeding from head to toe, but i cought them both. My buddy told me that that's as bad as he's ever seen someone get tore up, and still stick with it and catch the fish. I've ben hooked ever since. That was a long time ago tho, and to this day i've never suffered such a beating. ;D

And thanks Guage, fingers really arent that important ya know...people nowadays are living with no arms and stuff, fingers arent that big of a deal ;D But hopefully by the end of this weekend, i'll have some pics of some real impressive fish to show ya.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
o and guage.....no pm's in my inbox. I just checked

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I forgot.
Go check um now.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just started noodling last summer and looking forward to it again. My largest fish was an 18 lb flathead, but I helped with a couple up to 30 lbs. The guy I go with does the Okie Noodling competition every year in Pauls Valley.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
We should do a noodling GT. I got scuba gear and a spear ;D

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Noodling GT sounds like a Blast! ;D

·
Registered
92 Posts
never noodled before...aint got nothing against trying it...i would possibly be in depending on time/money situations of this college student

·
Registered
82 Posts
Noodling is a great hobbie,takes nerves of steel to be a noodlier, I watched the oklahoma noodlers on television ,part 1 and part 2 and i loved every minute of the shows showing noodlers dragging huge flatheads out of the lake with their bare hands. I can,t swim a lick,this and the fact I,m too chicken to put put my fingers in a hole is the main two reasons I will never be a noodlier..lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts