Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo, does anyone on here noodle, handfish, grabble, or anything else ya might call it. Hard to find people that do it

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
I think one or two one here have done it but not sure about regularly. I personally like my fingers. But it would be cool to try sometime.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I do, although I haven't gone enough to go "Pro"! My largest fish so far is 31 lbs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, well I have had a lot of success, and during the summer, it's basically all I do. I'm always Lookin for new spots. Was hoping to find someone on here who has noodled waurika lake.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Never. I've noodled Texoma, North Canadian River, and a few creeks near my home.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I haven't done any noodlin since about 20 yrs ago in Missouri. I have gotten a few good size cats back then.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Like you, I have a hard time finding anybody that want to go.
We have the Arkansas river, and Kaw lake.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love to noodle. I've only been going the last couple years so I'm not very good and never caught anything big but I'm still tryin. I'm gonna try to go a bunch this summer and if anyone is lookin for someone to go let me know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where you from newbie??

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Call ol Scooter Bivins, he knows where the big fish are on Waurika. That sucker finds some big ol fish don't he? I've been wanting to Crappie fish lake Waurika, but it's hard to drive all that way when you live on one of the best Crappie lakes in Texas. When we are in Waurika, it's Quail season & that's the only thing on our mind. Good luck to any of y'all that have the nads to try noodling, I think it's one of the coolest things I have seen but I don't have any desire to do it. (well, maybe a little)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well most of what scooter is doing in waurika, isn't exactly legal. Lol. Ill leave it at that. But the season might actually be a little earlier this year. With all the warm weather.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Yup! getting to be that time again. ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm ready! This time
Of year is the roughest for me. Right between the weather warming up, and the water following.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'll be hitting the creeks and river in a couple of weeks!!

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Just a little heads up for the noodlers.
The game wardens are going by the book this season. No feeler sticks or anything. Hands only.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts