Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went noodling with a good friend yesterday, and caught my largest fish ever! 60 lbs!!!

A picture of myself holding the monster, with Nathan Williams, a friend of mine who does the Pauls Valley tournament every year. It was a team effort, but we got it!

I don't know if I'll ever top that in my noodling career.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Man! I've seen 45 pounders up close and personal, but I'll bet that put up a heck of a fight. Did you string him under water, or just do it the old fashioned way?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
What a cat!!!! Congrads to ya!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
HOLLY CATFISH!!!!! Thats a beast!!!!!!!! Atleast you still have your hand left.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Way to go ;D ;D ;D ;D . I wish i had the time to go. Congats!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had to string him underwater. He was a fighter!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
We had to string him underwater. He was a fighter!

You ever run into a 60 pounder that wasn't a fighter. I'd have to wonder if it just came belly up and said take me I'm your's. Lucky it didn't have you for a snack.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nothing but nice, congrates.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awesome fish. Being a diehard noodler myself, I can appreciate a big fish like that. Mind me asking what part of the state you were in? Water is still way too cold for flatheads to be spawning around here....

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Central/eastern (Okemah). They aren't spawning yet, but we thought we would get a few small ones and ended up bumping into that monster. Complete surprise!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well I've been a couple times. Hoping to catch some blues spawning early in the cooler water. Flatheads still have a while before they really start Hittin the holes.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Get it on!! We need the points! ;) ::)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts