Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well friday got back to the farm from college and figured i would set a few throw lines in the creek mouth by our house. In process of setting them heard a truck coming thru the parsture. Sounded like one of my secret spots had been invaded. Turns out it was hayden, a fella i **** hunt with, and Beck, kid went to highschool with. We decided to pool together and fish all weekend run lines and pole fish. we caught 10 total, 2 blues and 8 flatheads. watched the sun rise every morning.

here are pics of the sat. night/sunday morning catch

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Good looking cats.
Fish Fry @ Beckers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol we goin again memorial day weekend so that i can have enough for a fish fry...may have me a fry for my birthday :D

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Nice mess of fish! Must be gettting ready to spawn, some of the fishermen at Sooner told me they have seen flatheads up in the shallow, rocky areas recently.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah most them were females full of eggs...we going back and camping out friday till monday. the moon will be big so i hope they still bite but we going all weekend regardless

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Depending on if I gotta work or not this weekend I'm gonna take the boat out for some fishing.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
MyGrandson is coming next month, and he wants to camp and fish. Perfect time for me. Osage cove, or sarge creek camp grounds on kaw.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to be honest long as i've lived where i'm at i have only fished kaw lake once and ponca lake twice and sooner maybe 3 times. but i cant ever seem to catch anything out of a lake just ponds and rivers and creeks lol

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I've done mostly river and pond fishing myself, but the grandson is a city boy from Dallas and its his first camping trip, so, figured I'd start him off slightly civilized, and then get him into more primative camping later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
prolly the best idea....this weekend it looks to be nice so i think that its gonna be a tarp and T-post and para chord tent for me...hate fitting my tent back in the bag and putting it up

·
Registered
840 Posts
Went noodling yesterday and caught 4, ranging between 6-16 lbs. They were paired up in holes ready for spawn. My 14 lb fish tore my hand up!

The four of us with our haul (person #5 taking the pic)! I'm the one on the right that actually looks like he's having fun!

Battle wounds!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here what we been catchin i aint posted in a while....

moms cloths line pole make exelent fish hangers and skinnin stands

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
DAUMMM! you guys have been busy! ;D

That must be your brother. You guys resemble each other too much. ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Nice black lab pup. Oh and the fish are nice as well. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Them some good cat's y'all caught. 8)

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well your the first to say that dennis maybe we ought to start tellin folk that...heck i talk to him more than my own sister

1 - 19 of 19 Posts