Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our yard turkey are exhibiting early spring mating rituals. The jakes were trying to cut some hens out. Really fun to watch.
The three year old Tom was not to be seen until roost time when he came in on his own. Evidentially he was out cruising.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426124608.787769.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I don't supoose you have had the windows open at all and playing some seductive hen calls just to mess with them boys.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't supoose you have had the windows open at all and playing some seductive hen calls just to mess with them boys.
HA! I got a new call at the backwoods show, and was tickling the slate. My wife was taking a video, so when I'd roll from a yelp to a fighting call, they all sounded off.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I walked out of the house this morning to be greeted by a gobble South down the road. Went down to the corner and there were two nice gobblers with the one in front in full strut. They took to the ditch when I turned the corner. Very nice long beards.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Have been seeing some really (for around here anyways) big flocks of birds that are totally segregated by sex. Think the wildlife department can stop worrying about the numbers of turkeys in Pott county.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Within two days, the mature toms around here have cut out their harems.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426553068.430380.jpg

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I do miss the neighbors turkeys, always get a kick out of watching them.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Took my mouth calls this weekend on a BSA camping trip to Red Rock Canyon SP in Hinton. No turkey around but had the scouts in camp spoiled up and several other campers in the area as well.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Headed out in the morning to scout. Hope to see some!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I want reports as your going scouting where I plan to be for the youth season.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They have completely split up around here.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The fog was really thick this morning but I see two toms fight and a hen fly over me. Then one flew in tree next to me and then I figured out why because of a coyote. I saw a least close to a dozen birds this morning. They were gobbling like crazy too.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts