Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIL & I went on our gun draw hunt at Okmulgee and thought I shot a doe, got up to it and it had 2 lil spikes. Oh well it'll taste just as good. Buckey saw a whopper just before dark but couldn't get a shot. So the talley for me at Okmulgee is 3 shots fired and 2 deer down in my last 2 hunts there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got drawed there 4 times already and seen a nice buck everytime. okmulgee is the place to be my uncle was there yesterday 2.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How'd he do. There were only 4 deer checked in when I left at dark thirty.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Sounds like you have a little freezer meat ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Where is this place at?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrates, Bird.
I'll get your pic posted for ya.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to ya Gauge.

Bull, it just north,and I mean just across the highway, of Okmulgee Lake. I ought to bow hunt it as my two deer have been shot at 20&40yrds. Those LeveRevolution bullets are workin like a charm as I hit this one high on the right shoulder and he dropped in his tracks. It's closed to gun hunting except for the draw hunts. The youth hunt was the opening weekend of BP and the ranger said that the rut was full on. Everyone saw big deer, but they were chasing does at a full run and no one could shoot 'em. That had to be a sight!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Thanks to ya Gauge.

Bull, it just north,and I mean just across the highway, of Okmulgee Lake. I ought to bow hunt it as my two deer have been shot at 20&40yrds. Those LeveRevolution bullets are workin like a charm as I hit this one high on the right shoulder and he dropped in his tracks. It's closed to gun hunting except for the draw hunts. The youth hunt was the opening weekend of BP and the ranger said that the rut was full on. Everyone saw big deer, but they were chasing does at a full run and no one could shoot 'em. That had to be a sight!

Have no clue where this lake is.
Never really seen a buck chase a doe during the rut. But have seen more rubs and scrapes than I can count. I'm so used to hunting areas that the breading happens at night cause all the pressure from hunters.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go west, young man, to Henryetta, then go north to Okmulgee and then back to the west about 5 miles. On the Okla Wildlife Dept website, they have a good satalite image function that you can look at.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Just might have to apply for some quota hunts for next season.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check into the youth hunts that the state gives. Either Okm or James Collins are good ones to put in for.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Youth hunt? I may not be as old as some of y'all but I don't think I'd qualify. Mayby 13 years ago I could have.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought you had a young 'un.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Youth hunt? I may not be as old as some of y'all but I don't think I'd qualify. Mayby 13 years ago I could have.
My wife keeps telling me to quit acting like a 2 year old, so maybe I qualify?

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I do have kids and my oldest is 9 but she is in a phase right now that has her wanting to see animals alive and unharmed. I really hope she out grows it.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
I do have kids and my oldest is 9 but she is in a phase right now that has her wanting to see animals alive and unharmed. I really hope she out grows it.
I raised sons, but have friends that have daughters. Another game indeed.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
My 5 year old boy eats, sleeps, and breaths to hunt and fish. If he had it his way his skin would be a cammo color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts