Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
But I disagree......I think...let me ask Al Gore...

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy! I am glad that is cleared up! I should have watched that Wed before I fed Cows at 8 below 0.
HAHAHA! you and several other of us on this forum. More snow coming tonight and early next week if the predictions hold up.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Yep, sounds like another inch or two tonight and some are saying Wed's storm might be a doozy. It was sure nice driving home today and not have to watch out for snow sharks striking at your vehicle!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Got to go outside & check over everything again before the snow hits again.
Sure had fun yesterday afternoon.
I took my grandson out shooting with the Gamo 1250fps .177 cal , I got a new scope for it the other day. { O' and thanks Bird for advise on Center Point.}
Well after about a 15 minute sight in we were good to go.
Started setting up empty shotgun shells & 45's on top of the target holder and away we went. Grandson shot better then I ever thought he would.
We shot empty 45's clear out 40 yards yesterday with that pellet gun. A lot of fun.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the new crop of airguns are amazingly accurate. Some shooting PBA pellets faster than a .22lr

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis with PBA ammo it will shot 1400 fps.
Gamo has a clip of the 1600fps air rifle on a hog hunt here in Oklahoma.
It will shock you :eek: :eek: :eek: .200 pound hog DOA. .177 cal pellet rifle...CRAZY

Just visit their website & click on the clip.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Gauge, glad you like the C/P scope. Sounds like you got a future meat gatherer comin' in the grandson.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bird, I believe I do.
Little guy took me by surprise,So me & his Nana are gonna get him a Gamo of is own w/ mil-dot R/G Scope.
He will have all the bells & whistles that I do on my Gamo.

If he can shot empty 45 brass @ up to 40 yards away @ 10 years old with a .177 cal air rifle.
Sky's the limit.

I can't wait to surprise him with it.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
So how did the shooting go last Fri? That new red dot work out? Did ya go and shoot a goose? So many questions, so few answers.

Did another and deeper cleaning on the Brownie and she's workin' like a champ. Loaded up a pheasant load then a dove and then a turkey load and all shot and functioned just as advertised.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Well, I had to go back to Wal-Mart & get an exchange on the pellet rifle ...It fell apart :eek: ::) .
Got a Thumbhole Titan NP 1150 fps 22 cal & it works like a champ with the RGB Scope.
It shot through 1/2" plywood @30 yards :eek: :eek: :eek: .
No Geese,They held out on the lake all weekend & non flew by where we were shooting. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good to hear the Gold is doing what she should be doing.
Did you happen to find a plug for her yet?

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Not yet, should be able to order one thru Browning as a last resort. I'll do some looking this week tho.

Bummer about the pellet gun takin a dump, bet your glad you didn't get it at Big 5 and pay twice+ the price!! Oh but you'd of had a slick $129 case... :p

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet, should be able to order one thru Browning as a last resort. I'll do some looking this week tho.

Bummer about the pellet gun takin a dump, bet your glad you didn't get it at Big 5 and pay twice+ the price!! Oh but you'd of had a slick 9 case... :p
I buy a wooden dowel at the hardware store for my shotguns, and cut it to length.
My Browning Sweet 16 came with a factory plug. Its from the late 40's made in Belgium and has engraving on the plug. Made from Walnut. Pretty different.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis, that plug would be cool to look at.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ask, and you will receive! ;D

Sorry for the crappy cell pics, but its quicker.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool, bust be a older Sweet 16 A-5 Browning then.
Don't see many of them plugs around..factory made wooden dowel.

Now I can say, I've actually seen one.
Thanks for the pics Dennis.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
46 model. Interesting story behind it. I was at a farm auction a couple of years ago, when a guy came up, and had the auctioneer sell his Auto-5 collection. Inherited from his dad. He had 20 of them, all different models. This was the only Sweet 16, and it was perfect. I kind of hovered over it, and got the bid. Asked the owner about it. Seems it belonged to his dad, and was bought for his mom in 46. It was restocked with a Bishop monte-carlo model to fit his wife. She never got to shoot it as she became sick, and passed away. The hubby put it in the safe where it stayed unfired until he passed. Had to add a recoil pad on it to make the L.O.P. good for me. Its became one of my favorite shotguns to hunt with. ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
No mistaking them high back Brownings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts