Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oklahoma: Senate Bill 1845 Rescheduled for Hearing Next Week

Senate Bill 1845, introduced by state Senator Greg Treat (R-47) and coauthored by state Representative Steve Martin (R-10), has been rescheduled by the state Senate Public Safety Committee from tomorrow to next week. SB 1845 would ensure that Oklahoma law meets the requirements set forth in the federal NICS Improvement Amendments Act (NIAA) of 2007, and would add Oklahoma to the list of nearly half of the states that are NIAA certified.

Currently, those who have been placed under certain types of mental health-related orders are prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms. The NIAA establishes clear standards for states to use in crafting laws to provide persons subject to these prohibitions a process to seek restoration of their gun rights. This legislation, under the guidelines established by the NIAA, will allow a court to grant relief from the federal prohibition upon a finding that the petitioner will not be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety and that the granting of the relief would not be contrary to the public interest. SB 1845 provides a path and process for Oklahomans, including military service members and veterans, to have their gun rights restored.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated as details about the rescheduled Senate committee hearing become known. In the meantime, please contact the Senate committee members listed below and urge their support for SB 1845.

Senate Public Safety Committee:

Senator Don Barrington (R-31) – Chairman
(405) 521-5563
[email protected]

Senator Kim David (R-18) - Vice Chairman
(405) 521-5590
[email protected]

Senator Roger Ballenger (D-8)
(405) 521-5588
[email protected]

Senator Larry Boggs (R-7)
(405) 521-5604
b[email protected]

Senator Josh Brecheen (R-6)
(405) 521-5586
[email protected]

Senator David Holt (R-30)
(405) 521-5636
[email protected]

Senator Al McAffrey (D-46)
(405) 521-5610
[email protected]

Senator Wayne Shaw (R-3)
(405) 521-5574
[email protected]

Senator Ralph Shortey (R-44)
(405) 521-5557
[email protected]

"This was cut and pasted from an NRA-ILA news letter I receive"

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only you can influence your mental health. Everyone influences his own body. I know it sounds a little weird, but it's true ... A couple of years ago, I had serious health problems. During that period I first experienced a loss of potency and after I passed the testosterone test I realized that I have a very low testosterone level. This was very unexpected for me and I had a long depression. After that, I started treatment and was treated for a whole year. Throughout the year, I also continued to do the testosterone test and it helped me monitor my progress. As a result, I completely recovered both physically and mentally!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Wow, common sense gun legislation. Seems weird.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
All current information in 2014.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All current information in 2014.
We all know what a several year old resurrected post means?! Sounds like a potted meat in can to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Archer22

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
It seems we have a sweet spot getting real new members vs the spammers. If we lock it down, no new members.
If we open up the membership requirements, the spammers find it in a heart beat.
Working on this.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But almost everyone is mentally ill these days. Why aren't there fewer guns?
Some would say wanting to ban guns would make you mentally ill. Our 2nd Amendment is one of the great things about the UNITED STATES.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Some would say wanting to ban guns would make you mentally ill. Our 2nd Amendment is one of the great things about the UNITED STATES.
I agree, I think you'd be crazy to not wanting to have the tools to protect yourself and your family against bad critters, 4 and 2 legged. But once again, it's mainly city dwellers wanting to impose their ideas on the rural areas that they know nothing about.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree, I think you'd be crazy to not wanting to have the tools to protect yourself and your family against bad critters, 4 and 2 legged. But once again, it's mainly city dwellers wanting to impose their ideas on the rural areas that they know nothing about.
I just installed the gun mount in my new truck yesterday. I’ll be testing it out today :giggle:

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts