Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im late with this but here you go anyway. The duck blind drawings for Overholster and Stanly draper are posted. I'm late in that Overholster held it's draw yesterday but a call and vistit will still get you a blind I'm sure.
The draw for Stanley Draper is this Saturday morning at the marinia.
As with both places state and FED stamp required along with city permit before applying. I have hunted Draper 2 years (last year it was closed) I really liked it but you had to work for the birds and know we're to be. My scouting came in very handy in choosing my blind area.
I wished I was able to take part in it this year but I'll be deployed all season.
If you need more info check out the outdoor section of the Oklahoman for recent post about it. You can also call the Overholster lake patrol office or the Draper lake patrol office.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wanting in on the Overholser draw, too, but missed the date by a couple days. When you say "make a call and visit and you'll still get a blind" what do you mean? Who do I need to call?

I'm new to the OK hunting scene, so I'm looking for good places to go everyday. Any other tips are appreciated as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call the Lake Heffner lake patrol police annex or stop by the office. Located next to the south marina and golf course. They will tell you if any blinds are left and then you can pic. I do believe many require a boat at Overholster. I'm not sure as I haven't been to it before. I hunted Draper and did well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts