Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 2 years I have lived in OKC and around the corner from Gun World I had never been in as I have never heard anything good about them. Well today my wife and I stopped in to look around for a Taurus .380 TCP730 in purple for my wife. I know they run for about $250-300. They had one for $425. I said that was expensive and I could get one on base for $250 and they guy said they couldn't compete with base prices and I should just go there. I would if they sold them in purple. A guy comes in with a 1967 Browning A5 in 2 3/4". When asked what it was worth the clerk said about $900 but I'll only give you $100 for it. I then asked they guy what he wanted for it and that when things went south. The clerk immediately said "Its a felony for you to even ask or talk about buying a gun from another person in here and I can get fired for it". I said OK and backed away. They guy walked past me and quietly said I'll be out front if want to talk about it. I said OK. The clerk shouted out "I'll call the cops if you even talk to him again in here". I called gauge to ask his opinion on it and as I'm standing by the front door the guy said to leave as he had already warned me about talking about the gun. My wife was out by her truck which happened to be next to this guys. I walk over to get in and while still on the phone with gauge the clerk comes out and said get out of here or I'll call the cops. We weren't even talking to the guy. We told him too meet up up the road. We then left. As we drove off several of the staff folks were standing at the front door.

Sense when is it a felony to even ask another person in a gun shop about buying a gun much less talk about one for sale? I didn't get it because it was only a 2 3/4" even in 90% condition for the $300 he wanted. Needless to say we won't be going back.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Gun World is the crappiest place on the planet to buy a gun or accessories from. I don't know how they've kept the doors open except for the selected few buddies of theirs and unsuspecting customers that haven't done any research on prices. A few years back, Hondo & I were looking at mil spec ammo pouches w/3 issue AR mags for $150! Hondo told the guy at the counter that that was a bit high. The guy leans over and said that it was way high, but they sell a few.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tell everyone I talk to to stay awy from them. Some go just gor the range. I go to H&H or out off Banner road for range time.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
they are universally known for being rip-off artists, and they make their living from unsuspecting Air Force peeps from Tinker.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to bring in my bow as I have some string twist going on.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Mason, didn't know you was at H&H now. I was in yesterday with my crossbow and talking to Steve Levering. What days and times are you in there?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mason, didn't know you was at H&H now. I was in yesterday with my crossbow and talking to Steve Levering. What days and times are you in there?
Ya what he said. When do you work?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Gun World sucks. They sucked when they were Mashburn Arms and they suck worse now. When they were still Mashburns up at 10th and Penn, I was looking for a Sig 220 when our Dept went to 45 acp. I couldnt find one anywhere since OHP had also approved them. I called everywhere, finally Mashburn said "we have a whole case full" I said Ill be right there. I went in and sure enough, they had an entire case full. Then I looked at the prices. $1200 and up. I asked if they were commeratives or something and the guy said no, just regular 220's. I started laughing and said they sell for less than $500 at the time. I walked out still laughing and the guy was pissed. Never went back. Oh, did i mention Gun World sucks? Mason, do you know Tim Nelson, We worked together before he retired. He was on my lease with me a couple of years back. And NO, its not a felony or any other crime to talk to someone in a gunstore about buying there gun. What a freaking idiot.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll bring you my bow if you can get me some time on the new 3D hunter thing they got.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Mason what's the techno hunt? Is it like the old Dart system? Do u know Tim Nelson?

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The techno hunt is a virtual reality hunting system. You shoot your bow and your arrows equipped with a special tip of the same weight as your tips. You shoot at a move screen at real video of moving game. Its as close to the real thing as you can get. Seen several people shooting on it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yup. Smoke I don't know a Tim Nelson does he work up there if so what part of the store? On a more important note I am finally gonna get to go hunting Mon and Tues up in Mooreland!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Think he's in charge of the reloading stuff

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ain't he the older guy who OC's the older model six shooter in an older style leather holster?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts