Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did the BioBlitz go?
The afternoon heat should have got all the reptiles moving. Sure wish I could have made it, but, a danged old deer hunt got in my way.

Any real interesting critters show up in the survey?

·
Registered
840 Posts
It wasn't the best one, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. There were a total of 939 (?) species counted, including a bald eagle and some county record butterflies. As far as herps, we only found 15 species. I think the heat and dry weather really hurt us. Overall though, it was great!

The BioBlitz for next year (exact date yet to be determined) will be at Chickasaw National Recreation Area. It should still be in Oct too!

I was kind of hoping you'd show up. I would like to meet and get together with more people on here. So far, the only person I've personally met is Terry (Bird). I would really like to get to hunt with some people, but I can't always make a long drive just to hunt. I save my long distance stuff for field trips and stuff like that, mostly educational trips of one form or another.

If you would like to schedule a trip pretty far in advance, the Spring Oklahoma Academy of Science field meeting will be Apr 8-10 (tentative) at Lake Murray State Park.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I hear ya on the butterflies, saw a slew of Monarchs flyin by at work and have had ton of 'em hatching on the front porch hatchin, breeding and setting off.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had an article about the Bioblitz in the Ponca City News wednesday.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice! Is it online so I can read it?

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah. I think its Poncacitynews.com.
If that doesn't work let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.