Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to welcome ya'all out to this annual members only event.
This annual hunt will take place on {Private Property}.
Location of these hunts will be in Caddo County,S.W. OK, "CARNEGIE"!!!

The dove hunts will be held on these days Sept, 6th & Sept,7th.The first weekend in September.

You will be responsible for: Your own place of stay,food & beverage.
These hunts are all FREE !!!,I'm not asking of any cash to come out and join us for these hunts.

RULES !!!
All ammo,shotguns,hunting licenses & permits will be cheaked inorder to hunt.
Faliure to have your hunting stuff not cheak out will result in~Leaving the hunt till legal !!! {NO EXCEPTIONS}

Their will be [2] morning hunts & [2] evening hunts.
The morning hunts will - STOP - @ 11:00 a.m.
The evening hunts will start @ 5:00 p.m. and run till offical sunset.

As of today,June,14th,2008.
I have 12 openings left to fill.
Which meens,6 members hunting only 1 morning or 1 evening hunt / Or 3 members hunting both days & both morning & evening hunts.
"Hunts are on a 1st come 1st servered basis".
You may sign up for both days of the hunts.

Here is a example of signing up for a hunt:Gauge, Sept 6th morning & Sept 7th morning hunts.
Please sign up just like the example that was giving. Below in this thread. Thanks ya'all.

{Okchunter} will be hunting: Saturday the 6th & Sunday the 7th.
On all 4 hunts.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: -Monday- Augest,25,2008 @ Midnight will be the cut off date to sign up & hold ya a spot for a hunt.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Basically he's checking to make sure your gun has a plug so you can't put more then 3 rounds in and that you are using the proper shells for doves also that you have the proper licensing. Just something he has to do cause if anyone does something they shouldn't he'd lose access to some pretty sweet land..

·
Registered
7 Posts
count me and pop craig, enjoyed the du dinner saturday night. pop and i had a great time and i thinnk others should come and see the way ducks unlimited puts on a good night of auctions and sales and some good food as well
you take care and hope to be there soon
god bless
rob kinney

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Man iI wish I could have gone to the DU dinner..Oh well was gone Friday and Saturday and didn't get home till early evening Sunday..

ELIP standard dove loads are typically lead but depending on where we hunt you may need steel..Usually dove loads will say Heavy Dove Load on the box..Once the GT gets closer he'll let us know exactly what type of ammo we need for the hunt.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I dunno if I'd use something that large on these poor little dove..plus you want to use as cheap a ammo as ya can cause you will go through a lot of ammo..:)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like to keep dove ammo @ 1 1/8 oz of #6 shot [MAX].
If you want to shot # 4 steel shot thats on you ELIP.
I cheak everybody for everything to be legal while in the field hunting.

Rob,
You & dad are welcome for the d.u. dinner.Good to have ya 2 down for it.
I'll call ya on what dates you & dad want to hunt doves ok.

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Basically he's checking to make sure your gun has a plug so you can't put more then 3 rounds in
I refuse to have my over/under checked! You will just have to trust me! ::) ::) ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dennis~ Such a smart ass. ;D

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I knew ya would.All in good fun ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So after all the BS. Who wants to hunt?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Me Me Me...:) I am stoked that hunting season is coming and I can get the jeep out on some trails and through some mud..:)

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Dove season has been a bust around here the last few years.....I'm thinking i'll have to check with my social coordinator (wife) ::)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.