Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Don’t have them here. Had a lotta fun growing up chasing them.

Reactions: baby and kwaynem

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
That’s funny!

Reactions: baby and kwaynem

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I wonder if there are people still out in the woods bent over with a paper bag that have been there for years??

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
LOLATROTOWLAMLIC- Laughing out loud and the rest of the office workers looking at me like I'm crazy!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I went on my first snipe hunt while in the Boy Scouts.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
My mom had a Girl Scout troop. They went to my uncles place out in Osage County for a camp out.
Dad and I put up tents while the girls gathered wood, etc. When darkness fell the obligatory snipe hunt started out in the pasture.
Dad and I were throwing rocks. You could hear them hollering there’s one over here!
Of course none were caught.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Wait a minute you mean??????
Don’t let them fool you. Snipes are a real thing. Here’s a pic of one so you know what to look for.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Don’t let them fool you. Snipes are a real thing. Here’s a pic of one so you know what to look for.
View attachment 6568
Yeah I know lol I have a place on bird creek in town the oldest daughter and her cousins use to want to go down there in the evening about dark and I told the they couldn’t because deer woman came out to feed at night after that they wouldn’t even go over there in daylight lol

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Yeah I know lol I have a place on bird creek in town the oldest daughter and her cousins use to want to go down there in the evening about dark and I told the they couldn’t because deer woman came out to feed at night after that they wouldn’t even go over there in daylight lol
We had a deer woman spot around here too.
Great parking spot late evening.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Wasn’t it just past the last place that the Jersey Devil was spotted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bodark creek, SW of Ponca.
She only came out when getting out of the vehicle to pee.
Lots of screaming and a hand showing on a side window in distress, slowly sliding down the window elicited screams from the wimmen guests inside.
Quickly jumping back inside to “escape” deer woman always brought out the “sympathy” reaction.

You mentioned the Jersey Devil.
That’s a yankee thang.
You some kind a yankee??

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
No clue, but it’s been passed down for many generations.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts