Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently attending school at OSU-IT here in Okmulgee and well things get somewhat boring around here when the studies are done for the day. While browsing through the hunting regs. I found that one may hunt small game on the Deep Fork NWR. but says that a signed Refuge permit is required, and may be obtained from the Refuge office, or from a current year hunting brochure. Where is the office at? Then there is the Okmulgee Game Management area near by also. How does one go about hunting small game there legally? Does anyone have experiance in these places?

Thanks
BECKER

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I've hunted Okmulgee WMA several times and let me tell ya there are some nice deer on it. I believe that small game can be hunted during the open seasons at anytime with out a pass or permit. Just have your hunting license and you should be good to go. Even better would be to go to the rangers office just north of the lake dam and they can fill you in on the info. Good guys there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know where that is but i figured that was just for the lake...or are you talking about a seperate office from the one in the lake park?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
The office just past the dam and turn north and go up the hill is for the hunting area. Real freindly and will give you some good info. I've been going in the walk thru gate just before you cross the cattle guard. Walk east up the hill and then back south after you get to the top. Follow the road south and just about pick any spot and you'll likely see deer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts