Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve fished for as long as I have memory, and never stuck a hook in myself.
Two months in a row now, the second today.
First one was in and out so just had to cut the barb off and pull it out. This one went into the fingernail under the skin. Required a visit to urgent care for a little incision and work to get it out.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I’ve fished for as long as I have memory, and never stuck a hook in myself.
Two months in a row now, the second today.
First one was in and out so just had to cut the barb off and pull it out. This one went into the fingernail under the skin. Required a visit to urgent care for a little incision and work to get it out.

That under the nail stuff is no fun. I ran a locust thorn up under a fingernail once and had to go to town to get it removed. Those hurt. This forum now puts you on 30 days of treble hook probation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That under the nail stuff is no fun. I ran a locust thorn up under a fingernail once and had to go to town to get it removed. Those hurt. This forum now puts you on 30 days of treble hook probation.

If it makes it feel any better I caught this today using a worm and a worm hook. No fingers were injured during this outing.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
You Sir are becoming a danger to yourself in your retirement years. If this is how you are with fish hooks I pray for you come hunting season.
That really sucks about the finger. Hope it heals up quickly.

Reactions: mike miller

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You need to leave the whiskey at home. ��

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I swung on a quail flush once and felt a sting on my knee but didn't think much about it. a couple days later couldn't walk because of swelling in that knee. a locust thorn about 3/4" long went into the knee and worked its way into the knee cap. Had to have outpatient surgery to get that thing out.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it makes it feel any better I caught this today using a worm and a worm hook. No fingers were injured during this outing.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
I can't show you a pic of my fish. He got off the hook, I didn't.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I can't show you a pic of my fish. He got off the hook, I didn't.
Well actually you caught a fingerling or more technically speaking a thumbling.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well only if he uses for snakebites, then I think it would be alright for him to take with him. ��

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh I remember when the hook stucked for the first time in my nail. I don't want to experience such a pain never again in my life.

·
Banned
6 Posts
I believe all the keen fishers experience a hook in their fingers at least ones in their life. My fingers have a lot of scars from hooks. Many times were pretty serious, that it was require medical intervention. I remember once I went with Marco Island fishing charters far from the land. I threw the hook unsuccessfully that it stucked right in the middle of my thumb’s nail. It reached the meet and the blood started to flow under my nail. Soon my nail became completely red. Though it wasn’t so painful as many would think. In fact my nail looked more awful than the pain caused. It’s really important in such situations to go the hospital straight and they will clean the wound so the infection won’t be spread. I really hope you did the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts