Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an active member of the Oklahoma Academy of Science, and they offer 2 field trips and 1 technical meeting every year. The spring field meeting will be at Lake Wister State Park on Apr 9-11. Registration is required, but the price varies on your preferences. Cabins and primitive camping is available. When it comes available, you can register online at http://oas.uco.edu.

Brief description - These are educational trips led by some of the most knowledgeable people in their fields of expertise, mostly University professors. From plants and fungi, to animals, ecology, geology and more, you will learn about anything you wish about the outdoors from the experts. I lead the herpetology trips every year and will be leading the trips again this spring. I hope to see some of you there.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
that would be interesting.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Sounds like a very interesting program. Might have to make a trip to Wister.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Right when Turkey Season is up and running.
Would be nice to go to though.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully you will have tagged out by then. That's what I'm hoping for myself. I may even take my turkey stuff and hunt afterward somewhere for an eastern... ;)

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Uh oh, sounds like a hunting gettogetherthingamajiggy possibility!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Uh oh, sounds like a hunting gettogetherthingamajiggy possibility!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of the costs are on the application form when it becomes available online, which should be within the next 2-3 weeks. Check the website (http:eek:as.uco.edu) periodically.

You're looking at $12 registration, $5 per night camping, and meals vary. You may choose cabin or tent, and whichever meals you wish, or you may bring your own. I would at least get breakfasts, they're da bomb!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting ready to head to Lake Wister. I won't be able to go hunting on the way home though :( . The friend I'm riding with doesn't hunt and he's bringing his dog (German shepherd). I'm not a big fan of camping with a dog!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts